Saturday, March 5, 2022

February 2022 - Reading Recap


Books Read this Month - 24.  Once again the dog walking seriously upped my reading count with audio books.

Bookish Category Breakdown: 

Print: 7

Ebook: 3

Audio:  14

Romance:  4

Mystery:  14

Nonfiction: 4

Fiction:  2

Favorite Book of the Month:


The Bookshop on the Shore by Jenny Colgan - This was just a delight.  Loved the Scottish setting, loved the character and really just loved everything about the book.

Mrs. Polifax on Safari by Dorothy Gilman - This may be my favorite book in one of my favorite series.  It was just such fun!

Least Favorite Book:

The Man in the Queue by Josephine Tey - I read a lot of classic mysteries and am not usually particularly bothered by the occasional dated reference or slang.  This one may just have been the most dated book I've ever read and it made it a bit of a struggle.


New Places My Reading Has Taken Me This Month:

California (twice)
Virginia 
Maryland
New Hampshire
Washington 
Washington, DC

and I left the country for a safari in Zambia!

How was your reading in February?  What places did you visit?


10 comments:

  1. I'm reading The Diviners series, so I spent most of February in fictional, magical New York. I hope you have a great March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great month Katherine; I can't wait to be able to get out and walk more. It should be warming and melting our soon soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure did read a lot last month. Audiobooks are so helpful and i've also been listening more as I walk and do simple chores around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!!! Yay for dog walking and audios!! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your dog walking led you to some good audios. Plus the natural world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great! Audiobooks have helped me double my reading time.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Mrs. Pollifax series! I haven't read the one you read yet, but I have enjoyed each one I have read. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for The Bookshop on the Shore as I so loved it too. You must be getting fit walking the dog as well as getting through the audio books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great month for you! I hope March is another good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've actually been trying to cut back on my reading and do other things. Ha ha. I have been listening to music instead of audiobooks during breakfast and dinner, and to nothing while doing things like folding clothes and doing my nails. I have been much calmer. I think my brain needs timeouts where it's not processing words. I wanted to get it cut back to one book a week, but it has averaged out to five so far. I think that's pretty good. 😊

    ReplyDelete