Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday - Books with Character Names in the Title


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Books with Character Names in the Title.  I'm sticking to fiction books on my TBR and this was actually a surprisingly easy topic!  


1.  Miss Pym Disposes by Josephine Tey - I'm trying to read more classic mysteries and Tey is an author I'm really wanting to explore more from.  Plus, I happen to have this one sitting on my shelf.

2.  The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict - I just read another historical fiction about Agatha Christie and it wasn't exactly what I wanted it to be.  I'm hoping to have better luck with this one.

3.  Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co #1) by Anna James - This one is coming up on my library list and I'm so excited about it!

4.  Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winnifred Watson - I have heard so many raves about this book and really do want to read it.

5.  The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman - This blurb really grabbed me and I picked it up on Audible.  Now I just need to listen to it.


6.  The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick- Basically ditto above.

7.  Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton - I have wanted to read this series for years and want to start with this first book.

8.  Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams - This one has been sitting on my shelf for quite some time and this year is the year I'm going to read it!

9.  Mrs. Pollifax on Safari by Dorothy Gilman - This is a bit of a cheat because Mrs. Pollifax's name is in all the titles of this series but it is the next one I'm planning on reading.  

10. Jane of Lantern Hill by L.M. Montgomery - It's been years since I read this one but I remember it as being one of my absolute favorites so I need to reread it and see if it still is.

What books with names in the title are on your TBR?


7 comments:

  1. Years ago I was reading that Aunt Dimity series - quite fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great list. I haven't read any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, some of these I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it interesting at how many book titles have names of characters in them. And all very promising reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read any of the books that made your list. They sound like they would be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pym was one of the names on our cat name list until we found out Zuzu was a boy. 😁

    ReplyDelete