Saturday, February 26, 2022

Life with Leukemia, a Puppy and Some Reading


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Nothing!  I took a break from review books for the week.

Currently:


Reading:  Saddled Up 4 Murder by J.C. Eaton and Last Girl Ghosted by Lisa Unger

Listening:  The Search by Nora Roberts - I started listening to this one at the beginning of the week but then decided a serial killer book even one with a romance in it wasn't the best idea when Jason was out of town so I took a break and listened to a few other books.



The best news is that my dad got a new puppy and we got to over and meet him.  His beloved Sheltie passed away right after Christmas and we were all so excited when he picked up this adorable floof.  Will fell in love immediately.  

Will's numbers were finally high enough where he could get his 2nd Covid vaccine.  He has to have another one before he counts as fully vaccinated since he has a compromised immune system but it is such a relief to at least get the 2nd one.  It looks like the NG tube will be coming back this week.  We aren't super happy about it but are resigned.  I think he's mostly not looking forward to it actually going in.  I think we are going to try some different feeding times instead of just having the pump running overnight to see if we can kick start his appetite and get him used to getting a full stomach at certain times.  

Rover has two more puppy classes before he starts his Manners class.  We had some family come over this weekend and he just got so excited.  He's so smart and learns quickly but we've got a lot of work to do.  Plus he's only 4 and a half months old so he's a baby yet.  His favorite thing right now is carrying a stick around on a walk.  

Jason ended up unexpectedly going to New Orleans for work this week.  He got out right before the Mardi Gras crowds went really crazy but enjoyed being there.  It was our home away from home for quite awhile and we miss it.  It was weird having him gone as we've gotten used to having him home all the time.  He's worked from home since March of 2020 and at this point there are no plans to change that.  

Have a great week and happy reading!

20 comments:

  1. Glad Will was able to get the 2nd shot. I imagine it's a relief getting that protection. Sorry to hear about the tube but hope all goes well.

    That's great news about your dad and the new companion. :)

    Glad the work from home is going well. I'll bet that's a fun town to spend time in. Hope you're all well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Will got his second shot. I hope the NG tube helps with his energy levels. And I'll bet the new puppy was a boost to his spirits. It's very cute!

    The Search was a bit tough, I agree - definitely not the best for reading when you're on your own. I did read it, and enjoyed it to a point, but it's not on my list of Nora Roberts books to reread frequently.

    Wishing you a good week. I know you're glad to have Jason home again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of that Saddled Up for Murder. Makes me want to read it right now. And the puppy is cute and always a good idea. Hooray for that second shot for Will! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such cute dogs! I'm happy for your dad getting a companion back, and Will getting to play with him. That's great that you are training your bigger pup for obedience. Is he a lab or golden? Hard to tell from that pic. Both are lovable family dogs but with their size it's great to have lessons, will keep them from jumping.
    I read The Search a while back. Grittier plot than some of Roberts' others. I also recently read Last Girl Ghosted but it was before I started reviewing. Kind of a gloomy topic also. But the cozy looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute puppy, glad Will got to get out and enjoy him too. The 2nd vaccine must make you feel better and hopefully #3 will follow in a timely manner as well. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Will is doing well enough for another shot! That little puppy is super cute! I can't wait to read Saddled Up 4 Murder!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So glad that Will was able to get his 2nd shot!! Number 3 will be such a relief I am sure.

    And that puppers!! Floof is the perfect word!

    Aw man, I love New Orleans. Such a great city. The last time we were there was the week before Katrina hit! It was so weird to be there then and then seeing the hurricane damage all over the news. I would love to go back one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Will was able to get his second vaccine. Rover is still a baby too but that's adorable, so is the floof. I really want to read The Search because there is a working dog in it I think, but I haven't managed it even though I own it. I hope this week goes better than expected.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad Will could get his second shot...and that he is resigned to the feeding tube. He is such a trooper!

    Enjoy your books and the puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure it's a relief to have #2 down.
    What a cute little floof.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good news that he was able to get a second COVID shot. The puppy is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Puppies!! Of course everyone was excited to meet him. Aaah Rover is going to be such a good boy one of these days. Our two labbies are really getting very old now, but we do plan on getting new ones eventually and then send them to puppy school.

    So glad to hear Will's numbers are better. Do take care of yourself too!

    Lots of Love,

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear Will was able to get his second vaccine. I hope the feeding tube and feeding times are easier to figure out than they were last time it sounds like. Your dad's new puppy is so cute! I'm glad Will got to meet him and have fun with him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, Saddled Up 4 Murder has a dachshund on the cover, so I'll have to read it! lol Glad Will was able to get his second shot. The new puppy is adorable! Hope you guys have a good week!
    https://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2022/02/27/weekly-wrap-up-56-february-27th-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great that Will was able to get his second vaccine. Hopefully everything with the NG tube goes well. I would not want to read a scary book while my husband was out of town either, LOL. The puppy is adorable. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that photo of Will and the dog. Great that your Dad has a new little puppy. Amazing how you are taking your puppy to classes - so good, I wonder how many people actually do it. I saw the J.C. Eaton book at NG but must not take on another series!! Poor Will and the feeding tube. What a warrior. Take care and staying off murder while Jason is away is probably a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving the puppy pictures! And of Will. Hope the 2nd vaccine dose goes well and also the NG tube. You take care and one day you guys will be able to get back to New Orleans with Jason again. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad that Will's numbers are better. Too bad about the feeding tube though. I remember when one of my dogs always found sticks to carry on walks. She doesn't do that anymore. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It must be such a relief that Will was able to get his second dose of vaccine. The daytime feedings sound like a good idea! 💪

    I used to manage a show kennel that had Irish setters and shelties and sheltie puppies are some of the cutest. 🤗

    I hope you had a great week! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  20. Delighted that Will has managed to have his second vaccination - and that he found playing with your dad's new puppy so much fun. I hope the feeding line does its job and gives him the energy he needs. That pick of Rover with a stick takes me back. Both dogs we had loved to carry one around - the bigger the better and they always had such a swagger as they walked... I hope this has been a good week for you, Katherine:).

    ReplyDelete