Saturday, February 5, 2022

Life with Leukemia (And Some Reading) - February 6


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Evil in Emerald by A.M. Stuart - I have loved both books that have come out in this historical mystery series set in Singapore and am so excited to read the 3rd book.  (Publisher)

Deadly Director's Cut by Vicki Delany - I enjoyed the 1st book in the series and am looking forward to seeing how it develops. (Publisher)

Death at the Manor Katharine Schellman  - I picked up this historical mystery without realizing it was the 3rd in the series.  Luckily my library has the 1st 2 and this doesn't come out until August so I have time to catch up.  It looks like a fun series. (Publisher)

Currently:

Reading:  The Bookshop on the Shore by Jenny Colgan and An Impossible Imposter by Deanna Raybourn

Listening: The Man in the Queue by Josephine Tey



Rover had his second puppy class this week and he did so well!  He also had his 15 week old vet appointment where he is now weighing in at 30 pounds.  Since he did so well in class and was doing so well in the car I took a chance and went to Starbucks for a coffee and a pup cup.  I wasn't entirely sure how he would do in the drive thru - especially when we got to the window.  He loves people and is convinced they all want to be his new best friend.  Luckily he did so well.  He just wagged his tail really big and stayed really calm.  All the employees at Starbucks came to the window and he loved his pup cup so it was a win all the way around.  

Will has not had quite as good of a week.  His numbers came back super low this week so we are essentially hibernating for the week.  He's on steroids and while he's taking another medicine to take the edge off the side effects he's still feeling pretty blah and is having the fun of being really exhausted but not actually able to sleep.  The good thing is that he's eating okay this week which will hopefully buy us a little more time without the feeding tube.  While he wasn't able to get to his physics class because of how low his immune system is we were able to get a lot of school work in this week and are slowly getting caught up.  

Have a great week and happy reading!

20 comments:

  1. I love it whenever there's a death at a manor ha! As long as it's in a book! :)

    Sorry that Will had a rough week. Hope the eating stays and the feeding tube stays away and that he has a good week this time.

    Take care and be safe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a week of ups and downs. I'm sorry that Will is struggling. Hopefully, he does better next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Will will feel much better soon. I think both of you are very courageous for that matter. Now on a lighter note, Rover is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Rover is so cute!! Sorry that Will is struggling hopefully things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Will did not have the best of weeks but it was great to read that his eating improved. I love your updates on Rover. 30 lbs at 15 weeks - one big dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that Will is not having a good week. Here's hoping for improvement soon!

    I love Jenny Colgan's books, so I am eager to read this one.

    Enjoy your week and your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Will can improve and the next week is better. Rover is certainly charming. I'm happy Lulu is smaller, at 18 pounds, she is a bit easier to control. Thankfully, she mostly wants to please so she does what she is told, mostly. Sometimes there are things she really wants to smell and then she does want to meet other dogs, but not the big ones or maybe it's the ones with male owners. As a rescue, she is cautious around men and hates rain and snow, so maybe she had bad experiences with those things.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rover is so cute and he looks like he enjoys being in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing the best for Will, so many challenges for him and yourself. Rover sounds a darling and I'd never heard of a pup cup! They think of so much. Your books look great. Unlike you I have to mix my mystery reading. If I am listening to a cozy I don't want to read one and vice versa. But getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry Will had a rough week. I can only imagine what it's like to have such a debilitating sickness. I wish him and you the best.

    Your puppy is so cute! He looks like he loves being a part of the family.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy Evil in Emerald. I would like to read that series. Rover is so adorable! I am glad the classes are going well and he did well at Starbucks. I am sorry Will's week wasn't better. I hope there's improvement this week. Take care and have a great week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry Will had a rough week but am glad he is eating. Rover gets bigger every week... what a sweetie! Take care, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear Will had a bad week. Hopefully this week will be a better one for him. Rover is doing quite well and is so cute.


    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww...your puppy looks so cute! I hope Will is doing better.

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rover is adorable. I've never had a dog, but it looks like such fun!

    I am sorry Will had a difficult week. Let's hope this week is better. Still, I'm glad he has thus far been able to avoid the feeding tube again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your puppy is so darn cute! I smile every time you post him. Lol.

    I am sorry Will had such a rough week. Hopefully this one will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really hate to hear that Will hasn't had the best week. I hope that his numbers improve. Rover is adorable! I am sure that everyone does want to be his friend :) I hope that you have a great week and enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry Will has had a rough week. I hope his numbers improve next week, along with his appetite.

    Rover is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was sorry to hear Will was not feeling well. I hope his steroid time is over soon. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like Rover is going from strength to strength - they are such smart dogs and he looks a sweetheart. Sorry to hear that Will is up against right now. I hope he soon starts to feel a whole lot better - good news about being able to defer the feeding tube, though.

    I hope this week is a good one, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete