Thursday, February 24, 2022

Books from the Backlog - The Vanishing Season


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!

Goodreads:  The Vanishing Season by Joanna Schaffhausen

Blurb:  Ellery Hathaway knows a thing or two about serial killers, but not through her police training. She's an officer in sleepy Woodbury, MA, where a bicycle theft still makes the newspapers. No one there knows she was once victim number seventeen in the grisly story of serial killer Francis Michael Coben. The only one who lived.
When three people disappear from her town in three years―all around her birthday―Ellery fears someone knows her secret. Someone very dangerous. Her superiors dismiss her concerns, but Ellery knows the vanishing season is coming and anyone could be next. She contacts the one man she knows will believe her: the FBI agent who saved her from a killer all those years ago.

Agent Reed Markham made his name and fame on the back of the Coben case, but his fortunes have since turned. His marriage is in shambles, his bosses think he's washed up, and worst of all, he blew a major investigation. When Ellery calls him, he can’t help but wonder: sure, he rescued her, but was she ever truly saved? His greatest triumph is Ellery’s waking nightmare, and now both of them are about to be sucked into the past, back to the case that made them...with a killer who can't let go.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I have a copy of this on my NetGalley shelf gathering dust and have read amazing reviews of this series.  

7 comments:

  1. I read this one and enjoyed it. Also read the next in the series but not her newest. I say give it a try and see if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a couple of books from this author and enjoyed them. Hope you like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved this Ellery Hathaway series. I'm just about to finish the 5th book, Last Seen Alive. Hope you enjoy this one if you decide to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also read amazing reviews for The Vanishing Season. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds a little grisly suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds good! I need to add that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a copy of this one on my shelf and I do need to get to it.

    ReplyDelete