Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic hosted by The Broke and the Bookish is top ten favorite other stuff. Since I'm not much of a movie watcher I went with TV. I do a lot of TV watching on my Kindle Fire while I'm cooking, getting ready or doing other things that involve my hands but not my brain. These are the shows I'm currently loving.
|Image from BBC America|
1. Whitechapel- (AmazonPrime) I love most things BBC. They just seem to do murder oh so wonderfully and Whitechapel is no exception. The mysteries are dark and gritty with an undercurrent of history. The first story arc involves a Ripper copy-cat and history features in every case. A lot of huge issues get tackled here like the class issue between the DI and the other police as well as the OCD of the DI but all the issues are dealt without getting preachy or making a lesson out of it.
|Image from screenrant.com|
|Image from amazon.com|
3. The Bletchley Circle - A fantastic show about a group of women who worked at Bletchley Park in World War 2 and are finding it a little difficult to settle down into civilian life. When they start using their abilities with codes and patterns to solve crime it gets intense. The 2nd season just ended so hopefully it will join season 1 on Netflix. This is another short one with each season consisting of 3 shows.
|image from imdb.com|
4. Numb3rs - I've been watching this one on Netflix and I'm almost done with it. I'll be sad not to spend more time with Don's team and family. I loved Rob Morrow as a neurotic New York doctor in Northern Exposure so it's fun to see him do something so completely different. The math connection is a bit of a stretch as the series goes on but it's still a fun crime show.
5. CSI - I was not sold when I heard Ted Danson would be the new lead on CSI but I've really loved the way the show has gone. I love Morgan, Greg and Finn and the whole way the show has gone. Always a fun show to watch.
6. NCIS - This is probably my favorite of the crime shows. Mark Harmon does such a good job and they've done a pretty good job staying away from the epic conspiracies that cause me to lose interest in a crime show (The Mentalist with the whole Red John thing is anyone watched that). I like that their office is basically cubicles which is much more realistic than the metal and glass of CSI. I like the new character they've added with Ellie Bishop.
7. Who Do You Think You Are? - This show was originally on NBC before ending up on TLC and I LOVE it! It's a genealogy show where they try to answer a question a celebrity has about their family history. They travel all over the world and go to places that connect to their families and find out all kinds of stuff. They've had tons of people on including Sarah Jessica Parker, Chelsea Handler, Emmitt Smith, Jim Parsons and Lisa Kudrow. If I ever win the lottery or come into bunches of money I'm figuring out how to do this.
8. Cupcake Wars - I love cupcakes and always enjoy this show. I even watch reruns periodically. I love seeing what flavor combinations.
9. Next Food Network Star - I like seeing what challenges they come up with and all the different POVs. Plus, I like Jeff Mauro and Damaris who won last year. Not sure who I want to win this season.
10. The Big Bang Theory - I love this show! Bernadette is my favorite character by far. I loved the one where Sheldon and Howard went to war over a parking space and Amy and Bernadette got involved though the one where Penny ends up getting involved in online gaming is pretty good too. I feel the urge for a rewatch session!
So what are you watching these days?