At the beginning of 2018 I made a list of Bookish Goals. One of my overall goals for the year is to actually accomplish some things I want to do instead of just talking about how much I want to do them. I've been fairly successful on the non-bookish front but I felt like a check in was needed over here in book land.
1. Read 200 Books - I'd been keeping my goal lower for the last few years but I thought it might be fun to challenge myself a bit since I haven't read 200 books in a year since before the Tornado was born (he's 8 now). I'm a little behind at only 40 read so far but I've got a few in work and I think I'll catch up.
2. Complete the Modern Mrs. Darcy 2018 Reading Challenge - Honestly I haven't even looked at this since the beginning of January so I have no idea how I'm doing. I need to catch up here.
3. Create some kind of system for incoming books - I actually had done this but we're kind of playing musical rooms right now so stuff has gotten shoved around and my system was kind of wrecked. However, when things get a little more settled I know how to set it up again.
4. Read more nonfiction - I've read four nonfiction books so far so I think this one is going pretty well.
5. Focus on reading my own books - Seriously mixed results here. I've read 2 books off my own shelves which is good but there's still so many more to go.
6. Keep an eye out for independent bookstores - I haven't but I didn't expect to at this point. We usually don't do any travelling until spring/summer. We have a few weekend trips planned in the next month or so and I'm making a list of bookstores in the area.
7. Make progress on a series I've neglected - I'm doing okay here. I've started a few series that I've been really wanting to read and 7 new books in series that I started in previous years.
8. Participate in at least one readathon - Big nope here but I have hopes for later in the year.
9. Spend some time using one of my coloring books while listening to an audio book - Also a big nope but I still have hope I'm going to be able to work this into my routine.
10. Try out some new cookbooks - I'd been ignoring my cookbooks for quite some time but in the last little while I pulled out the most recent Pioneer Woman cookbook that I had preordered but completely ignored and have started using it. I also cleaned out a number that I'm just not using.
Books Read: 39
2018 DNFs: Poser: My Life in Twenty-Three Yoga Poses by Claire Dederer
2018 5 Star Reads:
First Women: The Grace and Power of America's Modern First Ladies by Kate Andersen Brower
A Brush with Shadows by Anna Lee Huber
A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of the Princess Bride by Cary Elwes