Monday, July 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Characters to be Stuck with on a Desert Isand



It's Tuesday so time for Top Ten Tuesday link up with The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's topic is HARD!  I've been spending a lot of time wishing I read more dystopian type books while trying to come up with characters for this one.

1. Katniss from the Hunger Games - Well this one is kind of obvious.  She's great with a bow and arrow and takes care of those around her.

2. Piper from Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson - Between mechanical knowledge and magic she can make anything work.  It seems like that would be a useful skill.

3.  Sir Henry Valentine from What Happens in London by Julia Quinn -  he's smart and quick on his feet.  Plus he randomly wore a hat once he figured out Olivia was spying on her.  That's someone I could have around on a desert island!

4.  Miss Maude Silver from Patricia Wentworth - this former governess turned detective would keep everything running smoothly and wouldn't put up with any nonsense.

5.  Gilbert Blythe - he's a doctor and worked on a farm.  Plus he's just Gilbert Blythe my very favorite male character of all time.

6.  Sara Stanley from L.M. Montgomery's Story Girl - She tells wonderful stories but doesn't complain.

7.  Richard Jury from Martha Grimes - He's nice, smart and incrediably fair.  Plus he's very logical.


People who I would rather not be stuck with on a desert island 

8. Hercule Poirot from Agatha Christie -  While he is a great detective I'm not sure I could handle Poirot limping around in his too tight shoes trying to make everything square.

9.  Anne Shirley -  while the story of the red headed orphan are some of my favorite books all the dreaminess would get a little old.

10. Sherlock Holmes  -  do I need to explain this one?  Can you picture it?

11 comments:

  1. Haha! I love your spin on this list. I think everyone chose Katniss! She's an obvious choice. Thanks for sharing!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for another Katniss pick! If we all get deserted on an island somewhere were going to have to either clone her or fight over who gets her :)

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good picks! And I'm totally with you re Poirot and Sherlock Holmes - can't imagine being stuck anywhere "uncivilized" with either one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Katniss is sure feeling the love today. I guess that makes her the ultimate survivalist. I kind of envy her.
    I unfortunately don't know most of the characters you've chosen. But I 100% agree with needing a good doctor. There will be injuries. Hopefully he's a good herbalist too. :)
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, love this list! Love the little extra (do not want) list at the bottom, very creative! :) I haven't heard of most of your list. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see going in several different directions with this one. :-) Katniss is a great choice as she knows how to survive in some pretty rough conditions.

    Being stuck with Sherlock Holmes on a an island? Yeah, not much fun. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, great list! I can imagine that Sherlock would be a lot to deal with on an island. I picked Katniss, I think almost everybody did! She would just be able to handle anything and I'd definitely get her put on hunting duty! :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list, I don't know all of these but they sound like some fun books. And Poirot and Holmes... LOL, no doubt those two probably not such a good idea for a desert island! :) Nice twist on the Top Ten list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Gilbert is wonderful. You may be right about Anne. I can definitely see her being distracted easily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that yu also gave people you don't want to be deserted with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poirot would be a nightmare with all that sand. He would be reduced to a blubbering mess within hours or would make everyone else's life miserable.

    ReplyDelete