It's Tuesday so time for Top Ten Tuesday link up with The Broke and the Bookish. Today's topic is HARD! I've been spending a lot of time wishing I read more dystopian type books while trying to come up with characters for this one.
1. Katniss from the Hunger Games - Well this one is kind of obvious. She's great with a bow and arrow and takes care of those around her.
2. Piper from Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson - Between mechanical knowledge and magic she can make anything work. It seems like that would be a useful skill.
3. Sir Henry Valentine from What Happens in London by Julia Quinn - he's smart and quick on his feet. Plus he randomly wore a hat once he figured out Olivia was spying on her. That's someone I could have around on a desert island!
4. Miss Maude Silver from Patricia Wentworth - this former governess turned detective would keep everything running smoothly and wouldn't put up with any nonsense.
5. Gilbert Blythe - he's a doctor and worked on a farm. Plus he's just Gilbert Blythe my very favorite male character of all time.
6. Sara Stanley from L.M. Montgomery's Story Girl - She tells wonderful stories but doesn't complain.
7. Richard Jury from Martha Grimes - He's nice, smart and incrediably fair. Plus he's very logical.
People who I would rather not be stuck with on a desert island
8. Hercule Poirot from Agatha Christie - While he is a great detective I'm not sure I could handle Poirot limping around in his too tight shoes trying to make everything square.
9. Anne Shirley - while the story of the red headed orphan are some of my favorite books all the dreaminess would get a little old.
10. Sherlock Holmes - do I need to explain this one? Can you picture it?