Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Linkups: Absolutely, Positively














Happy Friday!  Today I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by a Coffee Addicted Writer, Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader.

Today's Blog Hop question is:

Do covers pull you in?

Answer: Most definitely!  I'm much more likely to pull a book off the shelf that has a cover that appeals to me.  A good cover isn't 100% guarantee that I'll end up with the book but it's pretty close.

Today's book is Absolutely, Positively by Heather Webber.  This is the 3rd in the Lucy Valentine series about a woman who can find lost objects and specializes in finding lost loves using this ability which so far has led to finding 2 mysteries and occasionally a body.  I've really enjoyed the first 2 and after a string of books I felt like I was trudging through I really wanted something light and fun.

The Beginning:
"Suzannah Ruggieri blew into Valentine, Inc., like a category five hurricane.  The antique mahogany door slammed into its stopper, rattling the beveled glass panes.  Her eyes were wild, her hair disheveled , her round high cheekbones flaming.  Winded, she huffed, "Hurry!  The Lone Ranger's back!"


From page 56 of my copy:
"Open-faced cabinets held hundreds of tubes of color, dozens of paintbrushes, and canvases of every size imaginable.  "Your graddad was still working?"
"He'd just finished a project when he went missing."


I haven't read much of this one yet but this has been a series I've really enjoyed.  It's got a paranormal cozy vibe with the added bonus of looking for things that are missing versus just murderers.

So would you keep reading?  Are you a sucker for a good cover like me?

18 comments:

  1. I especially enjoyed the beginning. I'd keep reading. I am not a cover junkie. I am more pulled in by a book's description or author. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this book. I've heard of the author, but haven't read her yet. I am absolutely 100% a cover junkie. It sounds so shallow, but if a cover isn't interesting, I would put off reading it unless I heard good buzz about it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Friday 56 makes me want to read it. So sad, I get the impression he loved painting. Did someone kidnap him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way the author introduces Suzannah in the opening. You know she's a force to be reckoned with! I'm curious about The Lone Ranger too. I'd definitely keep reading this one.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: MURDER ON ASTOR PLACE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drawn to book because of their covers sometimes too. Especially when I am browsing in a bookstore. :-) A cover isn't enough to make me want to read a book necessarily, but it at least piques my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope I can start this series soon. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the beginning. Seems like a fun beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a light-hearted read; the cover is charming :)

    Sparrow's BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be great to be able to find lost things...rather than being frustrated looking for them. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking for missing things sounds intriguing...and that is a great cover, too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from The Friday 56. Now I've got to find out who she means by the Lone Ranger! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great book covers instantly gets my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book you used is exactly the kind of cover that would pull me in! :-)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Great pick for this week. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too am much more likely to pull a book off the shelf if it has a great cover! Thanks for dropping by my blog and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of this series but I think I might try it. And yes, covers definitely pull me in. A bad cover will turn me off and away from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree, Katherine. A cover gets my attention and makes me want to check out the book. A bad cover loses every time with me.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've read a few of this series and they are fun. Webber also writes as Heather Blake and I've read more of those.

    ReplyDelete