Thursday, July 24, 2014

Absolutely, Positively - Review


Absolutely, Positively by Heather Webber
Rating: 3 Stars
Source: Purchased
Description:  
Lucy Valentine has a lot on her plate - finding a missing man who is a friend of her grandmother's, finding the lost love of a young woman with a painful past, discovering the identity of the mysterious Lone Ranger who keeps showing up and throwing money around.   Luckily she has her boyfriend and business partner Sean Donovan to help her out.  Unfortunately the mystery of where their relationship is going is just about as big as all the others.

Genre: Mystery
Why I Picked This Book: I loved the idea of solving mysteries by finding lost things.  This has been a pretty reliable series for me.
My Impression:
Pros:  It's always great to catch up with Lucy and Sean and their slowly evolving relationship.  We also get to catch up with all the other characters like Preston and Dovie.  I do love that Lucy talks to Sean about concerns even though there are some visions she keeps from him.  There's a lot of humor in the books and the characters do spend a lot of time dashing around.  The pacing is very good so this is a fun fast read.

Cons:  There is a bit of a disjointed feel with the Lone Ranger, the missing man, and the career criminal.  The story wasn't quite as clean as her previous books.

Overall:  While I would like a little more substance this is a a fun unique cozy.  While it could be read as a stand alone it's best read as part of the series as there are a lot of characters with their only story lines.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?: Yes.  Looking forward to reading the next one.

Would I Recommend this Book?:  If you like cozies this is a fun series but I would start with the first one.

6 comments:

  1. I like the cover of this one. :-) This sounds like a good book and series. I haven't read any of the books in it, yet, but it's on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with the first one. I think it was my favorite of the series.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun series, like a chick lit/cozy mystery combo. Cute cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly! Sometimes it veers more into chick lit but it's still fun.

      Delete
  3. I've really enjoyed this series, too! I just bought the most recent release for Kindle, but I haven't had time to read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had kind of forgotten about this one but when I looked it up on amazon I saw there were 2 books after this. I need to get reading!

      Delete