Sunday, August 27, 2017

This Week in Reading - August 27

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Nothing!  Of course I've only been in town literally one day this week and I've gotten 2 notices from UPS about books that will be arriving in a few days but those don't count right?






Currently:

Reading:  Need You Now by Emma Douglas and The Saturdays by Elizabeth Enright

Listening: I just finished A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas and am listening to podcasts while I'm waiting for my next audio book to come in from the library.

Watching:  I'm so behind!  All this travel has me way behind on shows and not able to start anything new!

Off the Blog:

It's been a busy week!  We got back from Tennessee on Tuesday and then I left to visit my Grandparents in Mississippi on Thursday.  I should be back from there on Tuesday and am already looking forward to getting back to routine.

The trip up to Tennessee was so much fun.  We spent a day in Gatlinburg and had a good time.  We haven't been there since the fire in November and it was nice to see the town doing so well.  It was nuts wit all the eclipse people being in the area!  On Monday we stayed at the campground all day because everyone was saying that traffic was going to be gridlocked for hours in all directions.  We were in the 100% band but just for slightly less time (1:15 minute vs a full 2).   It was absolutely amazing!   Totally worth the trip and just indescribable.

We'd been burning the candle at both ends and on our way home Tuesday the Tornado announced that he wasn't feeling well so he ended up staying home from school on Wednesday with a low grade fever.
A sick boy and a kitten who is happy to be home

On the Blog:

What Happened:



What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Murder Go Round/Grave Errors - Cozy Mystery Review
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Hidden Gems
Wednesday:  Need You Now - Contemporary Romance Review
Thursday:  TBD
Friday: Friday Linkups with Current Book
Saturday:  TBD

Have a great week and happy reading!

22 comments:

  1. The books don't count until they arrive. :) Makes sense to me! Glad you got to see the eclipse-yay!- and hopefully the Tornado is feeling better soon! Nice to see the kitty is keeping him company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same with you, I had a busy week to and have a hard time reading, let alone reviewing any book. Glad to hear that despite your busy week, you seem to still have had a great week with all the trips. I hope you have awesome great books and end up enjoying them. Have a wonderful week and happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate waiting for books in the mail, which is why I mostly buy e-books. But some books don't have an e-book version. I've been waiting a couple of weeks already for a Sophie Hannah book I'm eager to get.

    Enjoy yours when they arrive...glad you enjoyed the eclipse. But that's a lot of driving for people to see something that lasts less than 2 minutes! LOL. It's good that you were already there.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, nothing worse than a sick kid, I hope he feels better. That pic is too cute. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tennessee, but the traffic during tourist season is just plan crazy. Take care and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic of the kitten keeping the Tornado company in bed. What a marvellous experience seeing the eclipse, I agree so worth it, one you'll always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you being in a great area to see the eclipse. Sounds like you are having a busy but fun summer Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that trip for the eclipse sounds like it was great!! Sorry the Tornado wasn't feeling . Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What no books, how can you tempt me if you didn't get any...lol. :) I got plenty on my own...lol. :) Glad you had fun in Tenn. hope the Tornado is feeling better!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, your kid/kitty picture is the cutest of cute :)
    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had some family that drove up to Tennessee to see the eclipse from Florida! I wish I could have gone, too, but I got to see some of it from home.
    I don't count books until they're in my hands either! lol
    Have a great week! :)

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool that you got to see the eclipse at 100%! We are already planning our party for 2024. Lol. Sorry to hear your Tornado was laid low, hopefully he is on the mend. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have liked to have seen the eclipse but on the wrong continent. Maybe one day... Hope the little one feels better soon - he looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your fellow gets back on his feet soon. We're praying here for Harvey to go away, but I am getting a lot of reading done.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/08/not-everyone-gets-solar-eclipse-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, hope the tornado is feeling better. Glad you had a good eclipse adventure! Have a good week and I hope your books arrive soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like a busy but fun week. The Tornado and kitten look adorable but I hope he is feeling better. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad you had a nice time in Tennessee, Katherine. I would love to visit there someday. I hope Tornado is feeling better. Love the photo of him and little Comet. :-)

    Have a great week, Katherine! School is starting up here this week, and we have something going on every evening. I hope I can find a little time to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm delighted you got to see the full eclipse = I was lucky enough to see the one in the UK in 1999 - and you're right - it's amazing and eerie. Sorry the Tornado is poorly, but at least at that age they tend to bounce right back after a good long sleep. Hope he's now feeling well again. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad you got to see the eclipse. We were in near totality and I was a lot more impressed than I had expected to be. I am sorry to hear that your son was sick but it looks like his kitten is taking pretty good care of him. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We only had 58% coverage here, and it did not get dark, but there was a noticeable drop in temperature. In 2024 there is going to be 100% coverage in Syracuse N.Y., which is only 45 minutes from where I live, so I am excited about that. The photo of the Tornado and Comet is precious. I hope you are having a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. We had about 70% coverage, and I'm glad I didn't pass it up. Glad you enjoyed your trip - and good luck on the upcoming one! That is a lot of moving around! I would want my routine back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We had 98% coverage here but I really wished I had been somewhere that had 100% coverage. It wasn't far from here if I had just taken the day off. Although, my friend who traveled west 3 hours, said it took 5 1/2 hrs to get back home. So you guys made the right move staying put on Monday. Hope it didn't take long for your Tornado to get back on his feet!

    ReplyDelete