Sunday, August 27, 2023

This Week in Reading - August 27


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Twilight Falls by Juneau Black - This was described as a mix between fantasy and cozy mystery and I could not resist! (Publisher)

The Book Club Hotel by Sarah Morgan - I have enjoyed Sarah Morgan's last few books and this one sounds lovely.  (Publisher)

What You Are Looking For is in the Library by Michiko Aoyama - This book is supposed to capture the magic that is the library so of course I had to pick it up.  (Publisher)

Death in the Romance Aisle by Lynn Cahoon - I absolutely loved the first book in this series and liked the second book so I'm curious about the third.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  Mrs. Jeffries Aims to Win by Emily Brightwell

Listening:  Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros

Not much is going on.  Will and I are getting into a routine when it comes to school and it's nice to be "normal".  He's enjoying his group classes (he's studying botany this semester) and we are doing a lot of catch up from the last few years on our own.

It's been so hot here the last week or so that I haven't really felt like reading all that much and I haven't been walking or doing much outside so that's made my audiobook listening take a bit of a hit but I'm still enjoying my reading.  It's been a good year for books.  

We are trying to get ready for our big vacation next month when we go on a Disney cruise followed by a week at Disney World.  I'm so excited.  It's been way too long since we've had an actual vacation and I'm so glad Will is feeling ready for it.

Other than getting ready for the trip and getting into a routine with homeschool I've still been doing dog stuff.   Between teaching and training I'm doing something dog related every day - luckily I love it.

Have a great week and happy reading!

8 comments:

  1. It's neat that Will is studying botany, they didn't have that when I was in school. I think that would be interesting!

    I hope you all have a great time on your cruise and at Disney World. I've been there many times, I live less than an hour from there.

    I would love to work with dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you have normal and routines. But you also have a fun trip planned.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that a trip is exactly what your family needs! I am glad that you have found a nice routine. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twilight Falls does look intriguing. Hope its good. I will be looking forward to hearing what you think of Fourth Wing on audio in terms of the narrator. Yes hot weather can be a real turn off for getting reading done or walking. Disney trip will be so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea to normal routines! The trip to Disney will be fun, we haven't been since Tristan was a little kid. It might start cooling off in October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read The Book Club Hotel. That looks really good. I'm so glad you are getting back into normal routines. A Disney cruise and a week at Disney World sounds perfect for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to hear that Will is settling back into a normal school routine - how cool that he's able to study botany! And lovely that you are looking forward to a family holiday - much deserved!! I hope you're enjoying Fourth Wing - I also listened to it. I hope you're having a good week, Katherine:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited you all get to go on an extended vacation! 🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete