Thursday, August 31, 2023

Books from the Backlog - Always Home


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  Always Home: A Daughter's Recipes and Stories by Fanny Singer

Blurb:  In this extraordinarily intimate portrait of her mother--and herself--Fanny Singer, daughter of food icon and activist Alice Waters, chronicles a unique world of food, wine, and travel; a world filled with colorful characters, mouth-watering traditions, and sumptuous feasts. Across dozens of vignettes with accompanying recipes, she shares the story of her own culinary coming of age and reveals a side of her legendary mother that has never been seen before. A charming, smart translation of Alice Waters's ideals and attitudes about food for a new generation, Always Home is a loving, often funny, unsentimental, and exquisitely written look at a life defined in so many ways by food, as well as the bond between mother and daughter.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  Food and family with some travel mixed in sounds wonderful but somehow I just haven't read it yet!

6 comments:

  1. That would be a great selection for Cook the Books Club. I used to join in there but haven't in a while. I hope our library has this one,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like this one. Thanks for sharing.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books about family, food and/or travel so I think I'd enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good with some probably fabulous recipes.

    ReplyDelete