Saturday, August 12, 2023

Reading Recap - July 2023


Monthly Breakdown

Monthly Total: 17

Print: 5
Ebook: 4
Audio: 8

Mystery:  11 
Fiction:  2
Romance: 4

Favorite Book of the Month:


Sleigh Bells Ring by RaeAnne Thayne - I read a few Christmas in July books and this was my favorite.  I forgot how much I enjoyed Thayne's romances.  This was just so warm and cozy.

Favorite Audio:


Mrs. Pollifax Pursued by Dorothy Gilman - I have found this series reliably entertaining and I thoroughly enjoyed the audio of this.

Least Favorite Book of the Month:

Macarons Can Be Murdered by Rose Betancourt - I wanted to love this foodie cozy but unfortunately it just fell a bit flat for me.

Bookish Armchair Travel in July:


Domestic Travel:

For the first time this year I visited Wyoming, Colorado, Mississippi, and Kentucky

I also revisited Rhode Island, Washington, Maine, Virginia, and New York

International Travel:

This wasn't my most world traveling month though I must say August is shaping up a bit better!

I visited England several times and took a short visit to Scotland.

How was your reading in July?  Where did your books take you?



11 comments:

  1. My reading this summer has, in general, been slower than usual. I think it's because it has been so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both authors are new to me, I love both covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My reading has taken me to England, Scotland, Australia and New York. Love the snowy cover, wish I was in that now. So Hot here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love Mrs. Pollifax. I've read them all but it's been probably 10-15 years ago.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like July was a great reading month for you. I hope August is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rather enjoy a RaeAnne Thayne romance too. Funny because the first time I read her I marked it about 2.5 stars and then few years later reread it as part of a series and marked it 4. Our heads are often in different places!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like visiting Scotland in a book. :)

    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. July was much better than June for me, and it looks like you had a great month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm forgetting how much I love Thayne's romances and need to pick one up to remind myself! I am glad you enjoyed Sleigh Bells Ring. I only finished two books in July, so not a strong reading month for me, I'm afraid. I hope you have a great August in books, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading a book like Sleigh Bells Ring might be the only way I cool off this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've ever read a book set in Scotland. Other than the Harry Potter books, that is, or Macbeth. I should remedy that. Wait, were the Lassie books set in Scotland? ☺

    ReplyDelete