Friday, August 4, 2023

Friday Fives - August TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Since this is the first Friday in August I'm picking 5 books I hope to read this month.


1.  The Keeper of Hidden Books by Madeline Martin - I have read two previous books by this author and loved them both and can't wait for this one!  


2.  Meet Me in Barcelona by Mary Carter - This has been on my NetGalley shelf since 2014 so it is WAY past time I read it.  Plus it sounds like a pretty nail biter of a read.


3.  Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt by Lucinda Riley, Harry Whittaker - I have loved the Seven Sisters books and was so excited about this one though I was so sad to hear of the passing of Lucinda Riley.  I bought the audio awhile ago but find myself putting off reading this because then it will be over!


4.  Cinco de Murder by Rebecca Adler - This is the last book in this 3 book series I have to read.  I didn't love the last book I read so I've been stalling on reading this but it's time to get past that and finish it up.  


5.  Murder on Black Swan Lane by Andrea Penrose - I've seen so many rave reviews for this author and have been wanting to read her books for ages.  I'm looking forward to starting the first book in the series this month.

What are you hoping to read this month?

9 comments:

  1. I loved Murder on Black Swan Lane...and the books that follow in the series are even better! And I'm looking forward to reading The Keeper of Hidden Books, too, because The Last Bookshop in London was so good. Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these covers!
    They all remind me of something.
    1st: abandoned buildings I've seen over the years
    2nd: vacation with my family a few years ago
    3rd: being out on our boat at night
    4th: birthday party we had for my oldest granddaughter
    5th: old scary movies I used to watch

    I hope you love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you will be reading the Andrea Penrose. I love them so much!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books all look good. I have the Rebecca Adler series on my wishlist. Looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, I think you might need something light after The Keeper of Hidden Books but will enjoy the book talk all the same. I sympathise over Atlas. I think at some point I could easily listen again to the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, for Penrose!! So good. I am curious about. The Keeper of Hidden Books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look like great end of summer choices. I love the chihuahua on the cozy cover. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a dog on the cover of that cozy. You can leave a review for the Dog Days of Summer donation. 🐶

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not read a single one of these books but I love the sound of Cinco de Murder.

    ReplyDelete