Saturday, February 17, 2018

This Week in Reading - February 18

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

It was quite a week!  

From Berkley Crime:

Plum Tea Crazy by Laura Childs

Last Chance Olive Ranch by Susan Wittig Albert

Marinating in Murder by Linda Wiken

Dead Cold Brew by Cleo Coyle

Dipped to Death by Kelly Lane

A Brush with Shadows by Anna Lee Huber

And then to mix in a few non-cozies I also ended up with

Why Kill the Innocent by C.S. Harris

The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell

Dead Pretty by David Mark 

all from the publishers

Currently:

ReadingThe Fast and the Furriest by Sofie Ryan and The French Girl by Lexie Elliott

Listening: I just finished Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris and am waiting for my next audio book.  Until then I've been listening to podcasts.  Right now I'm listening to Pack Your Mics which is a Top Chef recap podcast.

Watching:  We've been watching Top Chef and I'll be sorry to see this season end.  I've watched a little bit of the Olympics but not as much as I'd like - especially figure skating and curling.  

Off the Blog:

This week was kind of a loss.  I ended up not feeling good Sunday night and went to bed early thinking that would fix it.  It didn't.  Luckily it ended up not being the flu but I've had a ridiculously sore throat and almost no energy for a week.  It's getting better but I'm still managing only a couple of hours before having to go rest. 

Luckily the Tornado has stayed health but we've been spending a lot of time on the couch watching Odd Squad.  It's actually pretty good for a kids show and has some pretty funny moments.  I like how they solve problems with math and reason everything out.  

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Ramblings From the Stacks - The Danger of Rereads
Tuesday:  Family Tree - Contemporary Fiction Review
Wednesday:  The Tuscan Child - Historical Fiction Review
Thursday:  The French Girl - Mystery Review
Friday: Friday Linkups with Current Book
Saturday:  The Fast and the Furriest - Cozy Mystery Review

Have a great week and happy reading!

30 comments:

  1. You have several tempting titles...hope you enjoy them all, and that you feel better this next week.

    Thanks for sharing...and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh some fun sounding cozies! Marinating in Murder- love that title! I was just at Barnes and Noble today and looking at mysteries, and there were so many cozies that looked good!

    The french Girl looks good too, I saw that somewhere. Hope you have a great weekend and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've got some great upcoming reads. Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you didn't just get a tamer strain of the flu? Mine started with a sore throat and the extreme fatigue was a big part of this flu. I still don't feel 100%. Thumbs up for The Tornado not getting sick. I hope you start feeling a lot better. Have a fab new week. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow... sorry about your health! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been zapped this week, Katherine:(. A sore throat is so miserable! I'm glad you at least managed some cosy sofa time with the Tornado and hope you feel a lot better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your illness all week-- everyone's family seems to be touched by colds, flu and what have you this winter! It's hard with a young one at home, too.

    I've read all the Lady Darby books by Anna Lee Huber. She's a go-to author for me because the snappy dialogue in the stories is wonderful! They're best read in order. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness it wasn't the flu, but hate that you're not feeling 100%. Feel better soon. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am hoping you are feeling better! Cozy on the couch sounds like a fun place to be with your little one. I love watching shows with the kids. Last night we were all watching Tom & Jerry.

    I hope this week is awesome for you, Katherine! Rest up and Happy Reading! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you are getting better. Don't forget to continue to take care of your health and rest a lot! I did that and my cold evolved and had to take antibiotics.

    Seems like you got a lot of lovely books. Enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard about any of the books you got but A Brush with Shadows looks good! I hope you'll enjoy all the books you got! Have a wonderful day and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate sore throats. Hope your energy returns soon. At least you got some great books to choose from as comfort reads. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're feeling better. You have a lot of really good new books! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of books!!! I am going to be sad to see Top Chef end but I am excited to see who wins. Sorry you were sick and hope you feel better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So jealous of all those Berkley Crime novels!!! :) Sorry to hear you have been feeling bad, glad you are feeling better now.

    Enjoy those books!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing book haul! Wow. Those all look good. Plum Tea Crazy has a pretty cover,

    Glad that you're feeling better. Everyone is getting sick. It hasn't hit us yet, but the season is not over for sure.

    Hope you enjoy all of your new books and have a great week! ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sure was some book haul this week. Sounds like you had a very close relative of the flu though. Hope you are really over it now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear you're feeling poorly— I hope that passes soon! And what a great book haul! Hope you have a wonderful (and healthy!) week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you feel better. You have a great set of books this week, I really love the cover for A Brush with Shadows by Anna Lee Huber. Have a great week and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I’m watching the Olympics right now! Sorry you’ve been sick. I hope you feel better soon. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am sorry that you have been sick. I hope your little one remains healthy. You have quite the haul this week. I hop eyou enjoy them all and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I usually watch Odd Squad myself and I found it to be pretty entertaining! I hope you'll feel better soon!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's kind of how I felt those two weeks I was sick. I could not stay awake for more than a couple hours, if that. I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you get over that nasty little bug soon and start feeling yourself again.

    Great lineup! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you'll get better soon! You've got quite a number of books this week! I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is quite a number of books you read this week. You should let us know how you NPH's book was. I am off to look at the blogs you visit daily.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes


    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. The sore throat sucks! Hang in there. I enjoyed watching Odd Squad with my littles.

    Great book haul! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I certainly hope you are feeling better- and wow do I love your books this week!! Come check out my week-you might like two of the books I have!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your very organized "what happened," and "what's coming up" sections at the end of the blog post. It's a great way to see what a reader might have missed and also to get excited about upcoming reviews/posts. Bravo and happy Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh...I like the looks of those two covers. I really enjoy that tea cozy series. I like learning about tea. Sorry you were ill. I hope you're better by now. If I have a sore throat I drink hot water with honey, lemon juice, vinegar, and cinnamon. It seems to help. I may gargle with salt water too.

    ReplyDelete