Saturday, February 3, 2018

About That Kiss - Contemporary Romance Review


Rating: Very Good
Source:  Edelweiss

Description: 
When sexy Joe Malone never calls after their explosive kiss, Kylie shoves him out of her mind. Until she needs a favor, and it’s a doozy. Something precious to her has been stolen and there’s only one person with unique finder-and-fixer skills that can help—Joe. It means swallowing her pride and somehow trying to avoid the temptation to throttle him—or seduce him.

the best thing to do . . .

No, Joe didn’t call after the kiss. He’s the fun time guy, not the forever guy. And Kylie, after all she’s been through, deserves a good man who will stay. But everything about Kylie makes it damned hard to focus, and though his brain knows what he has to do, his heart isn’t getting the memo.

… is enjoy the ride.

As Kylie and Joe go on the scavenger hunt of their lives, they discover surprising things about each other. Now, the best way for them to get over “that kiss” might just be to replace it with a hundred more.

Genre: Romance - Contemporary

Why I Picked This Book:
  It's by Jill Shalvis!  I can't resist a Jill Shalvis romance.

My Impression:
  Oh this was a treat!  I loved the characters, I loved the romance, I loved the mystery, I loved that Vinnie, the dog, couldn't go through doors without checking to be sure that there isn't glass blocking his way.

Joe and Kylie are fantastic on their own or as a couple.  They both have their own baggage and shoulder responsibility for things that aren't their fault.  I loved that Kylie is a woodworker and that she's passionate about it.  I loved that she was willing to ask for help when something important to her is stolen even though she's not real happy about having to do that.  She and Joe have a bit of a history.  Actually it's more of an attraction that they've been trying to ignore for quite some time which has created a bit of an antagonistic relationship.

I loved watching the relationship develop into a friendship and then into something more even while they fought that every step of the way.  I loved the insight and comedy provided by the friends - especially Joe's coworkers.  I especially loved Molly and am hoping she'll be getting her story next!

This is a delightful read with wonderful characters whose past are as much of a mystery as just who stole Kylie's precious heirloom.   And can I please have a dog like Vinnie?

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?
  Absolutely!  I'm really looking forward to catching up on the series while I wait for the next book.

Would I Recommend this Book?
If you read contemporary romance but haven't read and Jill Shalvis you need to fix that immediately!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you enjoyed this one. I just picked it up and love this series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great and I haven't read a Jill Shalvis book for awhile so this could be up at some point this year. I hear the enthusiasm for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill Shalvis can do no wrong! (lol) Happy Saturday and glad you enjoyed your read. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read one book by Shalvis but I did enjoy it! I've been meaning to read more by her for some time now. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this one so much! I think I'll grab one of her books the next time that I go to the library :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A treat? I'm in! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you enjoyed this one, Katherine! Joe and Kylie were great characters and I did love the dog and the way he was around doorways. This has been such a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay and me, too! It was so fun. I'm glad so many of my blogger friends had a good time with it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I see mention of a Jill Shalvis book I think, "I need to get back to her books!" I am glad you enjoyed this one, Katherine. I hope to read it eventually . . .

    ReplyDelete