Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Could Reread Forever

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic from That Artsy Reader Girl is Ten Books I Could Reread Forever.  I love to reread though I don't do it as much as I once did.  Too many bright shiny books to be squeezed in.  Not enough time for the old favorites.

1.  Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie - This is one of my very favorite Miss Marple stories and every time I reread it I remember why.  I love the mystery itself and all the little details make this read even better.

2.  Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie - The detail in this book in incredible.  I've read this book probably 2 dozen times and every time I read it I find something that I haven't noticed before.

3.  Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery - I think this book is so overlooked!  Rilla is Anne's youngest child and the book takes place during World War I.  It's funny and poignant and heartbreaking.

4.  Gone-Away Lake by Elizabeth Enright - My only complaint about this book is that I didn't discover it as a child because I would have adored it.  Luckily I still find it a delightful read as an adult.

5.  The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn - I love this romance so much and there are so many just fantastic moments that I love revisiting.  One of my favorite things is the relationship between the two sisters and the moments between Kate and Anthony are just golden.

6.  The Case of William Smith by Patricia Wentworth - Patricia Wentworth is one of my absolute favorite mystery authors.  Her books aren't as well done as Christie's but have a certain warmth and humor that Christie's sometimes lacks.  This is a particular favorite.

7.  Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson - I adore Jenny Lawson and even though I had read this before I bought it on Audible and am so glad I did!  I've listened to it several times already.  It's perfect for when you want something entertaining to listen to and her stories never get old.

8.  The Blue Bedroom and Other Stories by Rosamunde Pilcher - The Shell Seekers was my favorite book for years and years but the last reread fell a little flat plus the page count is on the high side.  This slim volume of short stories always makes me smile and is a nice restful read.

9.  Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts - This has so many of my favorite things.  Unhappy person trying to figure herself out, Ireland, friendship, a touch of supernatural, and a bit of romance.

10. House of Many Shadows by Barbara Michaels - I love Barbara Michaels' books and this one is filled with great characters, history and old house with secrets just waiting to be discovered.

What books could you reread forever?

20 comments:

  1. I'm determined to read Murder on the Orient express this year, and then I want to watch the recent movie version. It looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you've got a few of my favorites here too. I have read House of Many Shadows over and over. I've done that with several of Barbara Michaels' books. And just did a reread of Sleeping Murder. Will likely listen to Murder on the Orient Express before long. Did you see the new film adaptation of that one? We saw it and it was OK enough. A little darker than the others I'd seen. I think my favorite is the one that has Ingrid Bergman, Sean Connery, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than ORIENT EXPRESS, I haven't read any of these. Yikes! Some of these sound very good, so I'll add them to my TBR mountain chain.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's Pretend This Never Happened is one I would totally listen to again as well as Furiously Happy from her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to read Murder on the Orient Express, but haven't gotten to it yet! I think this year will be the year I get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah its wonderful to have rereads. I haven't got to a reread of Rilla and I must continue on and get there with the Anne books. There is a series by Nora R that I loved the first time round I think Chesapeake, contemporary anyway. I hope it is as good second time round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own the Kindle books for the Harry Potter series besides its hardcovers and four of its audiobooks. I also own Deborah Harkness's All Souls Trilogy on my Kindle. I have the paperback versions of the Twilight series. I haven't reread this for some time now. But if I own it, I'll reread it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love Jewels of the Sun and The Viscount Who Loved Me. I've read them both countless times!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read the Agatha Christie books and they are great fun:)). But I generally don't reread books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these! I have so much work to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to look for Gone-Away Lake. Hopefully I will get to read Rilla of Ingleside by next year because I plan on re-reading books two and three and then keep reading the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never have a chance to re-read anymore. You have a great list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could re-read Murder on the Orient Express and And Then There Were None. It's been a long time since I first read them. Over a decade now. I do want to read more of Christie's books, too. I am a total Nora Roberts fan. I particularly liked the STANISLASKIS sibling books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to read an Agatha Christie book-- I know they'll be amazing, I just haven't actually found the time to read one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rosamunde Pilcher can weave a story, I love her books. I would reread Shell Seekers and September again one day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Murder on the Orient Express. I've re-read that one so many times. Also check out And Then There Were None, that's a great one too. :) ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rilla of Ingleside is my favourite book in the Anne series. But I haven't read anything but the first one in ages, so I might think differently with rereads!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, yes - Let's Pretend This Never Happened is sooooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great and varied list! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete