Saturday, February 24, 2018

This Week in Reading - February 25

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Too Close to Breathe by Olivia Kiernan - A suicide that isn't a suicide and a victim that isn't who she seems.  I love lots of twisty secrets and this one is set in Dublin which makes me extra intrigued! (Publisher)

Ain't She a Peach by Molly Harper - I really enjoyed the first book (Sweet Tea and Sympathy in this series) and I'm super excited to see Frankie as the main character in this one.  (NetGalley)

Heaven Adjacent by Catherine Ryan Hyde - I'm a big fan of characters who are making big changes in their life and this is an author I've been wanting to read for ages.  (Publicist)

It Takes a Coven by Carol J. Perry - I hadn't seen this on NetGalley but luckily I saw it mentioned over at Literary Feline and ran over and snapped it up.  This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series! (NetGalley)

Currently:

Reading:  The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer  and Whisper of Bones by Ellen Hart

Listening:  I'm about to start I Found You by Lisa Jewell

Watching:  We're still enjoying Top Chef and I've been binging on true crime shows.  I'm a bit paranoid now but I've been enjoying them!

Off the Blog:

This was a fairly quiet week.  The Tornado had Monday off for President's Day which was nice.  He has a Cub Scout banquet coming up and there is a competition for best dessert table - each group has their own.  Somehow this ended up with me making Rice Krispie treats that look like cheese.  I've actually made good progress and am going to do a wheel of cheese with little wedges of cheese.  I'm going to use fondant to cover the cereal for the wedge and dying the wedges yellow.  On the downside I've had to make a few trial batches which means I've had so many Rice Krispie treats that I don't think I ever want to any again!  

I'm still recovering from whatever bug I had last week.  I'm feeling a lot better but my energy level is crazy low.  It's really annoying as I have so much I need to get done!  I've been trying to not overdo it so I'm hoping this goes away.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Claws for Concern - Cozy Mystery Review
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Could Reread Forever
Wednesday:  First Kiss of Spring - Contemporary Romance Review
Thursday:  The Pajama Frame - Cozy Mystery Review
Friday:  Friday Linkups with Current Book
Saturday:  Whisper of Bones - Mystery Review

Have a great week and happy reading!

35 comments:

  1. I loved I Found You...Lisa Jewell is an awesome author.

    I'm curious about Too Close to Breathe. Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too close To Breathe sounds really good! The Dublin setting and secrets sounds like a good combo. I hope you like I Found You- I thought that was one was pretty good.

    Glad you're feeling better, and hope you have a nice week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Too Close to Breathe sounds interesting. I love secrets and surprises. Your Rice Krispie treats that look like cheese sound cool. I hop he wins.

    Happy Reading
    JoLee
    Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better, definitely take it easy. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a pretty quiet week myself. I hope you have a good week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you can recover soon! I think it's just the winter acting on you.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that you feel better soon. Your books look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry your energy is still not there. Sounds like you've got a lot going on. The Rice Krispy 'cheese' wheel sounds pretty clever. But I can understand that you're kind of sick of those. LOL

    Too Close to Breathe looks good. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon. That's an unusual request for a dessert, but hey, they're kids, they'll eat almost anything sweet :)

    Too Close to Breathe has me excited. I love mysteries/suspense set in Ireland so I think I'm adding this one. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son learned to make Rice Krispie Treats in his Life Skills class, so I am happy that now I don't have to make them anymore. The cheese sounds cute. You could even indent them to make it look like Swiss Cheese and leave the color as is. :)

    I am glad you are feeling a little better. The Low energy after being sick is no fun! I hope you feel better soon.

    Have a great week, Katherine! Happy Reading! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll gladly take some rice krispie treats off your hands, ha ha. I love them, but contrary to popular belief, I think the messiness of making them overrules the "easy". XD

    The fatigue hangs around for a long time from that flu. I am still tiring out quickly even though I have had zero symptoms for a couple of weeks. I am getting better with it though, so hang in there. Have a wonderful and healthier week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rice Krispies treats looking like cheese? The things we mums and grans end up doing... I hope you continue to feel a lot better, so your energy returns. In the meantime, try to take it easy, Katherine:))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you snap a picture of the treats looking like cheese cause I would so like to see that...lol. :) I am getting It Takes a Coven in audio form to review, love that series too! Too Close to Breathe looks good so I had to go and check it out! You enabler you! :)

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked I Found You - hope the audio is good. Hope you get your energy back and continue to feel better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too close to breathe sounds pretty good, and thank goodness you're feeling a little better. Hopefully the energy levels will keep climbing up. LOL on the rice krispy treats. Hugs and Happy Sunday! RO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too Close to Breathe sounds like a lot of fun! I will definitely keep an eye out for it. Hope the recovery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you’re feeling better. You got some good books, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol! Good luck eating all your Rice Crispy Treats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too Close To Breathe it sounds like I would love it. Have a great week of reading!

    Mary #SundayRoundup #7

    ReplyDelete
  20. I noticed the new Molly Harper book on NG, my finger hovered but I didn't tap - so far any way! Hope you are fully fit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Twists and turns and Dublin, that's a thumbs up from me!

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad your feeling better! I do want to see pics of your rice krispy treats cheese. That sounds like fun, but LOL on not wanting to see those ever again.

    Speaking of true crime shows, I've been into watching Reelz. About celebrities' deaths and serial killers. I'm hooked.

    Hope you have a great week! ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've read and enjoyed Whisper of Bones so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you finish! I've got a copy of Too Close To Breathe as well and I'm really looking forward to it. I hope you enjoy all of your new books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like you're really busy with all your rice krispie treats. The cheese sounds like a great idea. I'm glad you're recovering. Take care of yourself. I hope you have a great week, Katherine. I'm going to check out some of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your idea for the dessert challenge sounds fun. Pls post a pic. I hope he gets a prize and pls do take care of yourself. The flu is brutal this year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wheel of Cheese sounds interesting, I like baking and krispy treats. It's good that you feeling better and maybe this week you'll have more energy to do more. Too Close to Breathe sounds interesting and I'll have to check that one out. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good luck with the cheese wheel rice krispie treat. I have trouble just getting the squares cut and out of the pan. LOL Glad to hear you are recovering and hope your energy returns too.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved Rice Krispie treats as a kid, but I don’t think I’ve eaten any as an adult. I should make some. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have some of Molly Harper's books I need to read soon. The rice krispie treats is a fun idea. I love eating them but I have a hard time making them. I'm too slow so they cool down in weird shapes lol. I hope you are feeling better and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You should post a photo of the final result of the rice krispie treats cheese you make. I would love to see it. You picked up a lot of great books this week. I really want to read the Molly Harper series. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rice Krispie treats of cheese sounds like a fairly big task for Cub Scouts. That is quite a bit of time and effort! I hope you kick whatever it is that is still lingering. Worse comes, get yourself a B12 shot.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I loved going to the cub scout functions when Tristan was little. I miss those days sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So many great books. I really want to read Claws for Concern. I'm about to start The French Girl. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I’m glad you are feeling better. It’s so hard to be sick when you have children and husbands who need you.

    Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my gosh, Rice Krispie treats disguised as cheese?! I hope you'll post pictures of the final product!

    ReplyDelete