Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books to Read if You Want to Read a Cozy Mystery


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Books for People Who Like Author x but since I'm not great at author comparisons I decided to recommend books for people who like cozy mysteries or want to try the genre.


1.  Paging the Dead by Brynn Bonner - If you are a fan of family secrets, investigative teams, and genealogy this is a series for you!

2.  Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson - If you love historical stories - especially those that take place in the US and involve interesting and complex characters this series is perfection and very long running.

3.  Twelve Slays of Christmas by Jacqueline Frost - If you're in the mood for a Christmas-y mystery you can't go wrong with this series that takes place on a Christmas tree farm full of Christmas-y goodness and a delightful mystery.  

4.  The Whole Cat and Caboodle by Sofie Ryan - If you like investigations headed by a multi-generational group of characters, a clever cat, and some vintage furniture this series is fantastic and fun from start to finish.  

5.  Books Can Be Deceiving by Jenn McKinlay - If you enjoy bookish cozies with a full community of characters this is a great series that just gets better with each book.  


6.  Death Overdue by Allison Brook - This is another library cozy but not so bookish as the main character is more involved in community events than books.  However, if you enjoy reads with a cat with lots of personality and a ghost than this is a fun take on it.

7.  Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews - If you're looking for a long running cozy series with some laugh out loud scenes, and a weird number of birds and random family members this series is one that can't be beat and each book is better than the last!

8.  By Book or By Crook by Eva Gates - If you like bookish cozies, coastal living, and would love to actually live in a library this series is for you!

9.  Meet Your Baker by Ellie Alexander - If you love food and Shakespeare you can't do better than this series set in Ashland, Oregon which has an amazing bakery and a Shakespeare festival.  If you're more of a craft beer and Oktoberfest kind of person try the Sloan Krauss series by this same author.  Both are fantastic!

10. Caught Dead Handed by Carol J. Perry - If you're looking for a supernatural cozy with a cat with big personality this series set in Salem, Massachusetts in such fun!

11 comments:

  1. This is an excellent choice for a list. The world of cozies is big; I am not sure where to start, but this is a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I read a cozy mystery. Thanks for all the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read all of the Victoria Thompson and have the newest out later this month to read. I've read a couple of the Eva Gates.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not great with author comparisons either. I love that you went with cozy mysteries...and totally agree with Victoria Thompson. I love her Gaslight mysteries. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you did the list, Katherine. Everyone has come up with unique lists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great cozies. I haven't heard of Paging the Dead. I'll have to check it out. The other series are all either on my TBR or wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't do the topic today either! I love your list of cozies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love genealogy and got burned out researching after decades BUT I do like a mystery with family history and genealogy. Will be checking the Paging the Dead book for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've read about 5 of these or something from the series at least so good choices as I am low level cozy reader. I didn't do the topic as I was with you, I am not good at that, but.. I like the way you turned it to suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only read one of these! I did enjoy Twelve Slays of Christmas and need to get back to the series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just like looking at the cat and dog covers. ☺

    ReplyDelete