Friday, March 17, 2023

Friday Five - Five Magical Books on My TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  One of my reading themes or focuses this month is magic so here are 5 books with magical realism on my TBR.


1.  South of the Buttonwood Tree by Heather Webber - I absolutely loved Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by this author and really want to read more from her.


2.  Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen - This is one of my favorite authors and this book sounds absolutely fantastic yet I missed it when it first came out.


3.   The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna - I've heard this described as a hug in book form and it sounds absolutely like such a good read.


4.  The Glass Kitchen by Linda Frances Lee - I haven't read anything by this author but it has sisters, people getting their life together, food, and a bit of magic.


5.  The House at the End of Hope Street by Menna Van Praag - I have several books by this author on my TBR and this one looks really intriguing.

Have you read any of these or do you have any magical books on your TBR?

7 comments:

  1. I've read three of these, South of the Buttonwood Tree was my fave. The witches one looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magical realism is hit-or-miss for me. I love it when it's done well, but sometimes it's just not convincing enough for me. These all sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of them, but they sound like books I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches checked out of the library right now, so I'll be reading that one in the next week or two. And I really want to read South of the Buttonwood Tree, too. Great list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a book with some magic in it every once in a while. I have The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have magical books on my TBR. 😁

    I will definitely be checking these out on Goodreads. ✨

    ReplyDelete