Friday, March 24, 2023

Friday Five - Five Books on My TBR Set in Ireland

I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.   One of my themes for March is Ireland and here are 5 books on my TBR set in Ireland.


1.  The Lilac Bus by Maeve Binchy - Somehow I've only read one Maeve Binchy book but I absolutely loved it and have been meaning to read more by her for literally years.  This sounds wonderful.


2.  The Likeness by Tana French - I read the first book in the Dublin Murder Squad series and while I liked it I couldn't quite forgive it for not wrapping up the older mystery mentioned in the book.  I've heard great things about this one and need to give the author another chance.


3.  Tears of the Moon by Nora Roberts - The first book in this trilogy is one of my absolute favorite Roberts books but for some reason I haven't read the second book more often.  I'd really like to reread this one soon.


4.  The Library at the Edge of the World by Felicity Hayes-McCoy - A woman getting her life back together in a small village in Ireland and a library about to close.  Yes please!


5.  Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch - I've seen good reviews for other books by this author but didn't know this one existed and it looks so sweet.

Do you have any books set in Ireland on your TBR?  Or any favorite reads set in Ireland?

10 comments:

  1. Well I am definitely adding The Library at the Edge of the World to my list! Tana French is amazing and I read an interview with her about why she didn't wrap up the one mystery of of Rob In the Woods. The Likeness goes down as one o my favorite of her books and I have thought about rereading it.

    Here is a link for the Goodreads interview with Tana where she explains why she wrote the ending the way she did for in the Woods: You'll have to see the first question and click on spoilers to see her answers.
    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/138825.Tana_French

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things Irish. I have a few books set in Ireland. It's been way too long since I read and reviewed one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I forgot about Love & Luck. I remember that one looking very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read Off the Map by Trish Doller which was set in Ireland and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a Maeve Binchy book in years! I'd like to read more of her backlist too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Maeve Bincy and Tana French! And Love & Luck looks like a cute one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a good variety of Irish set books for sure. I think I've listened to one Maeve Binchy book but not sure. I think I have one somewhere I want to try too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have decided to read a book set in Ireland every March from now on. I'm currently reading The Islander an autobiography by Tomás O’Crohan. ☘️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember reading Tears of the Moon (and the rest of the trilogy) years ago and loving it! Hope you'll enjoy the remaining books!

    ReplyDelete