Thursday, March 30, 2023

Books from the Backlog - The Faraday Girls


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  The Faraday Girls by Monica McInerney

Blurb:  As a child, Maggie Faraday grew up in a lively, unconventional household with her young mother, four very different aunts and her eccentric grandfather. With her mother often away, her aunts took turns to look after her - until, just weeks before Maggie's sixth birthday, a shocking event changed everything.
Twenty years on, Maggie is living alone in New York City when a surprise visit from her grandfather brings a revelation and a proposition to reunite the family. As the Faradays gather in Ireland, Maggie begins to realize that the women she thought she knew so intimately all have something to hide .

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  This book has been sitting on my shelf gathering dust for years.  I've been really loving family secret type stories lately and this feels like a book I'm in the mood for right now!

6 comments:

  1. This one is new to me but it sounds like it would be a great read. There is just something I can't resist about a book filled with family secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo... family secrets! That's always a powerful motivator for a story:)).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover would have me pick this up to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family secret stories can be a lot of fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good to me. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good! I will be looking out for what you think. 🙂

    ReplyDelete