Thursday, March 9, 2023

Books from the Backlog - The Shadow of the Wind


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Blurb:  Barcelona, 1945: A city slowly heals from its war wounds, and Daniel, an antiquarian book dealer's son who mourns the loss of his mother, finds solace in a mysterious book entitled The Shadow of the Wind, by one Julian Carax. But when he sets out to find the author's other works, he makes a shocking discovery: someone has been systematically destroying every copy of every book Carax has written. In fact, Daniel may have the last of Carax's books in existence. Soon Daniel's seemingly innocent quest opens a door into one of Barcelona's darkest secrets--an epic story of murder, madness, and doomed love.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I know so many people who absolutely loved this book.  My mother loved it so much she bought me a copy and it still sits on my shelf.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds intriging. I have been grabbing books I want to read and trying them to see if I can connect. So far 4 of the books have made it into the Goodwill box. Fianlly I have one I am enjoying by Maggie O'Farrell. I think I'll see if the library has this Shadow of the Wind book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very interesting. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you love it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one that I keep thinking I've read - and when I check my records I find I haven't:)). So I need to track down a copy, too! Thank you for sharing, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book! Carlos Ruiz Zafon is a favorite author of mine...and this was the first book of his that I ever read. I read it while I was on vacation in Mexico, and I've never forgotten it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one that I have always thought about picking up. It sounds great and I hope that you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete