Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday - Funny Book Titles on My TBR


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is about Funny Book Titles.  This past year I've been all cozy mysteries all the time and there is nothing that cozy mysteries love more then a great pun of a title or a play on a classic title.  Here are 10 of my favorites on my TBR.


1.  A Tale of Two Cookies by Eve Calder -I do love a literary reference in a cozy series and this series about a bakery is always lots of fun.

2.  Manor of Dying by Kathleen Bridge - This is an author I've been wanting to read for awhile as her mysteries always seem to involve some element of old homes and renovation and this title just makes me laugh.

3.  Read and Buried by Eva Gates - It's not uncommon in a bookish cozy title to switch "Dead" for "Read" and this is one of my favorite titles.

4.  Be Our Ghost by Kate Kingsbury - I do break into the Disney song whenever I read this title but I am looking forward to this book in the haunted bed and breakfast series.

5.  Shot Through the Hearth by Kate Carlisle - This home renovation series always has the best titles and this one is one of my favorites!


6.  A Killer Read by Erika Chase - This may not be the funniest title but I do like the simplicity of it.

7.  Cockatiels at Seven by Donna Andrews - Really I could have made a list using titles from just this series but stuck with just one.

8.  The Whole Cat and Caboodle by Sofie Ryan - Another one that makes me laugh and really caboodle is just a fun word!

9.  Arsenic and Old Books by Miranda James - This book is a play on the title of one of my favorite movies so I couldn't not include it!

10. The Pint of No Return by Ellie Alexander - This is one of my favorite cozy authors but somehow I've yet to read this series set around a brewery.  And this title is just fabulous.

What titles make you laugh?

8 comments:

  1. It is official - cozies have the best titles! My favorite has to be The Whole Cat and Caboodle because they were able to use the word caboodle in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the titles of cozies. The cozies with book themes do worry me a bit sometimes, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these word spins! Very clever! I can already hear Maurice and Cogsworth sing "Be our ghost, be our ghost!" to Belle. But I guess they will then have to kill her in order to turn her into a ghost. Now that can be a whole new story!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Arsenic and old lace too :) Good choices, especially the first !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading several of these series and have a few in my TBR. The Eve Calder book is waiting for me to read. I love that series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah great titles, I am often amazed at how cozy mysteries are titled, they are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I have the Be Our Guest song going through my head. Ha ha. 😁

    ReplyDelete