Thursday, March 25, 2021

Books from the Backlog - The Book of Killowen


Today I'm linking up with Carole from 
Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  The Book of Killowen by Erin Hart

Blurb:  An ancient volume of philosophical heresy provides a motive for murder in this haunting, lyrical novel of forensics, archeology, and history--the fourth in an acclaimed suspense series. What sort of book is worth a man's life? After a year away from working in the field, archaeologist Cormac Maguire and pathologist Nora Gavin are back in the bogs, investigating a ninth-century body found buried in the trunk of a car. They discover that the ancient corpse is not alone--pinned beneath it is the body of Benedict Kavanagh, missing for mere months and familiar to television viewers as a philosopher who enjoyed destroying his opponents in debate. Both men were viciously murdered, but centuries apart--so how did they end up buried together in the bog?

While on the case, Cormac and Nora lodge at Killowen, a nearby artists' colony, organic farm, and sanctuary for eccentric souls. Digging deeper into the older crime, they become entangled in high-stakes intrigue encompassing Kavanagh's death while surrounded by suspects in his ghastly murder. It seems that everyone at Killowen has some secret to protect.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:   I remember really enjoying the first couple of books in the series but I really didn't like the third book so I want to try this one and either really enjoy it or DNF it and get it off my shelf.

9 comments:

  1. HI Katherine! I do like the sound of this one. Will you have to read the series in order?

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you end up enjoying this one. It sounds like a really interesting case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling of getting it off the shelf. I have it for some on my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it - be ruthless if you don't like it and it goes to the DNF pile! I have so many books that I have started doing that. Too many I really am looking forward to for me to get bogged down. This description does sound like it has possibilities though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good reason for reading it or trying it out. Sounds a little gruesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might have this one on my shelf as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't care for Murder Mysteries, but this on sounds pretty good. 📚

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the first years ago and really enjoyed it :) I will have to check to rest of the series !

    ReplyDelete