Thursday, March 18, 2021

Books from the Backlog - Toured to Death


Today I'm linking up with Carole from 
Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!

Goodreads:  Toured to Death by Hy Conrad

Blurb: Book a ticket with this all-new mystery series featuring Amy and Fanny Abel, a spunky mother-and-daughter duo of travel agents who find their mystery tour becoming all too real. . .
while Fanny takes care of the business end of Amy's Travel in New York City, Amy is traipsing around Monte Carlo, managing their first mystery-themed excursion, a road rally in which guests compete to solve a fictional murder along the way. Amy still has reservations about partnering up with her mother. But both women, having lost the men in their lives, need a fresh beginning.

The trip starts off without a hitch. Clues quickly mount, the competition is lively, and just when the suspense is peaking, the writer they hired to script their made-up mystery is found murdered in his New York apartment. Suddenly, on top of running a new venture together, mother and daughter must solve a real-life case of foul play, while trying not to drive each other bonkers. But Amy and Fanny are ready, willing, and Abel to track down a clever killer with some serious emotional baggage, one who will go to any lengths to keep dark secrets from seeing the light of day. . .

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  This has been sitting on my review shelf since 2015 and since I won't be traveling anytime soon a bit of virtual travel sounds like fun.


9 comments:

  1. I've been reading books on travel like memoirs so many of them. The least I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virtual travel sounds like the best way to travel right now. This sounds like a fun mystery and I hope that you enjoy it, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel by book is always fun if you can't do it for real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing well getting books off your shelf. I’ve been clearing up my Netgalley books on ski for & then turning to my shelves as well.

    I like a series, nice review on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good. I think I have this on my Kindle somewhere. I've been loving virtual travel these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy it! A good cozy is always a great travel companion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This wasn't a favorite series for me. I had totally forgot about it till seeing your post and looked it up and it must not have been a popular one as it only got three books. You might enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm been a-sitting awhile! It's never too late to read and review a book and give it some book love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Virtual travel is always fun. Maybe not as good as the same thing, but cheaper. And it serves its purpose. I hope you love this one when you read it!

    ReplyDelete