Sunday, March 28, 2021

Life with Leukemia (And Some Reading) - March 28

 


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

This was a good week.  Will's energy was really good and we were  able to play some board games and have some fun all together.  Because this was the first time he's felt like himself in awhile I decided this week was spring break and we just worked on having fun and relaxing.  This has not been the best school year but we will catch up - that's the beauty of homeschooling it takes way less time to catch up.  His blood sugar was up into an acceptable level at his appointment this week which was a huge relief and we are still working on eating and just getting calories in.  It's really hard to eat when your body just doesn't want to but he's trying and has improved so baby steps. Next week will be a spinal tap with sedation (hopefully - last time we were in pre-op and they cancelled because his platelets were too low) and a chemo/steroid combo that can make him feel pretty bad but I'm hoping that since he's feeling so good now it won't hit him too hard.

I can of had a lazy week.  When I wasn't playing with Will I tried to get in as much reading time as I could.  It's been nice to take little pockets of time to read.  Normally I only read at night and squeeze in an audio book in when I'm driving or doing laundry or things like that so it feels kind of luxurious to settle down in my chair and read for a few minutes in the middle of the day.  I've also done yoga everyday in March.  I've been doing the March Yoga with Adriene calendar on YouTube but have been changing it up when her video for the day is a little more ambitious then I'm feeling.  I've really been enjoying it and feel like I'm moving better so I'm planning on continuing that plan for April.

Currently:


Reading:
Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh
, A Murder is Announced by Agatha Christie, and Deadly Editions by Paige Shelton

Listening: Penny for Your Secrets by Anna Lee Huber

Watching: Not much other then YouTube but I'm thinking of trying Schitt's Creek on Netflix.  My attention span hasn't been all that great lately but this sounds like it might be a good fit.

How has your week been?  Happy reading!



23 comments:

  1. Sending good vibes and prayers for Will this week- I hope the spinal tap and combo go well for him. And that's awesome that homeschool is going well.

    I've seen several people on blogs mention Yoga With Adrienne, she seems quite popular. If I tried yoga I'd probably kill myself but she sounds like an awesome program.

    Take care and be well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that Will had a better week and I hope his medicine combo works well. I love Allie Brosh's books and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that Will was feeling up to some fun! Sending prayers that his next treatment goes well.

    Schitt's Creek is such a funny, charming show. I've heard that it takes some viewers several episodes to really like it, but it's worth it (I think!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to read that this was abetter week for all of you. Hope all goes smoothly next week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear Will had a great week as I know that allows you to have a great one as well! You guys are are always in my thoughts and prayer!

    I need to get to Deadly Edition! Hope your liking it!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that Will had a better week, and that now you can all take a "spring break."

    Enjoy your books and your yoga...and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear it was a good week! I will be looking forward to your thoughts on Solutions and other problems. Been on my radar as well. Schitts Creek is really no brainer. Good for a few laughs. Not my favorite sitcom ever, but I normally but it one while I'm blog hopping and don't feel like concentrating too hard!

    Have a good week and I hope Will keeps doing well.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Will has a good week. I think about you both so often! Sending good vibes! Yay for reading, nothing like an escape from reality we all could use that!

    Have a great week, Katherine! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taking a week for spring break sounds like the right thing to do. I'm glad Will has been feeling a bit better, and I hope the spinal tap and the next chemo treatment go well. I pray for him and for all of you.

    There's nothing like reading to take your mind off things and give you a mini-escape, is there? A Murder is Announced is one of my favorite Agatha Christie books. I also love the adaptation starring Joan Hickson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you and Will had a good week and I cross my fingers for the medical combo. Spring break sounds good ! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy you had a good week and hope this week goes well. Go you with the yoga!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to hear Will had a better week and that you are taking a little time to curl up and read, so important to rest up when you can. Great to hear the yoga is working out for you, and that you intend to continue. I have ordered the second Anna Lee Huber book from the library. I see the latest one is on NetGalley but I am not ready for it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you all had a good week. I hope the upcoming week will be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you all had a better week. Yay for relaxing and just spending time together! Bonus that you got some nice, chill reading in as well. Good luck with this week's challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to hear that Will is doing better. Board games sound fabulous, and spring break is something you should definitely enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love playing board games so I would be right there with you guys. Doug doesn't like the games much so I'd love to join you. I'm happy to hear Will feels better this week.
    Looks like a fun book, Solutions and other Problems.

    We have had some temps in the lower 80's already and can eat outside. The pollen is bothering me but I guess I will resort to Clariton.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad it was such a good week and I applaud your decision to call spring break! I enjoy board games, but not as much as my sister... she is the queen of board (and card) games, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hoping this week is good for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope this week is good too. Glad Will had a good week, yes the school work can be caught up later. I'm planning to give YWA's April calendar a go as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Schitt's Creek is hilarious. Or at least I enjoyed it. Lol.

    I am glad that Will had a good week, and I am so happy that you chose to celebrate with time off! That is just as important and you can always catch up. :) Hopefully the spinal tap is just a small blip in his week. :) When we had to have my son eat and gain weight the one thing he would always eat was ice cream - so we let him eat ice cream whenever he wanted. For a kid that started as a 2.5 lb preemie, we were excited that he has a tiny belly now! Good luck to Will on the eating, I know that struggle so well as a parent too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so glad that Will had a good week. My mom has been through chemo 3 times and each time she has lost interest in food. It would be even harder with a child to convince them to eat. I hope that this has been a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed reading Solutions. Glad this was a better week for Will.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you and some R&R as well and that Will had a good week.

    ReplyDelete