Thursday, March 4, 2021

Books from the Backlog - The Christie Curse


Today I'm linking up with Carole from 
Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  The Christie Curse by Victoria Abbott

Blurb:  Jordan Bingham needs a new job and a new place to live. She’s back in Harrison Falls, New York, living with her not so law-abiding uncles, in debt thanks to a credit card–stealing ex and pending grad school loans.
Enter the perfect job, a research position that includes room and board, which will allow her to spend her days hunting down rare mysteries for an avid book collector. There’s just one problem: her employer, Vera Van Alst—the most hated citizen of Harrison Falls.

Jordan’s first assignment is to track down a rumored Agatha Christie play. It seems easy enough, but Jordan soon finds out that her predecessor was killed while looking for it, and there is still someone out there willing to murder to keep the play out of Vera’s hands. Jordan’s new job is good … but is it worth her life?

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I've owned this book for years but somehow have never read it which is weird but Agatha Christie is without a doubt my favorite author and I love bookish mysteries.

7 comments:

  1. I am getting to the books around the house too. I keep asking for the library books and that needs ot stop - it's been too many lately.
    Christie is always a good choice as an author or a book about her!

    Sorry I have been MIA lately. Will email you hopefully today if not tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly sounds like one for you. Ah those books that get lost on our shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now I am really intrigued! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading my Georgette Heyer, Agatha Christie and P D James but they are all re reads. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've owned a lot of books for years and need to start getting through that backlog! Right now I'm trying to clear a few horrors off the ereader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the title I thought to myself, "Why hasn't Katherine read this yet? It's Agatha Christie related!" Haha. This sounds like it will be good. I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A story about hunting down rare books sounds like a winner! 🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete