Friday, March 12, 2021

Friday Fives - Five Series I Want to Start Soon



I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  I have decided 2021 is the year of the series and have picked 10 series to focus on but that doesn't keep me from noticing new series or wanting to put some older ones in my TBR.  Here are 5 series I've never picked up but I'll hopefully be starting soon.


1.  Forget Me Knot (A Quilting Mystery) by Mary Marks - Kathryn over at Book Date has started this series and is really enjoying it.  Even though I don't quilt I love books about quilting so I really want to start this one.


2.  Crime and Poetry (A Magical Bookshop Mystery) by Amanda Flowers - I have had an actual copy of this book on my shelf since it came out and somehow I still haven't started it (or read any of the other books).


3.  Better Homes and Corpses (Hamptons Home and Garden Mystery) by Kathleen Bridge - Renovating old homes and murder is pretty much a series that is made for me but even though I own several books in this series I've never read any of them.



4.  Flipped for Murder (Country Store Mystery) by Maddie Day - Honestly I don't know much about this series but Maddie Day (aka Edith Maxwell) is one of those names I see all over the genre and I really want to try this series.


5.  Hearse and Buggy (An Amish Mystery) by Laura Bradford - I've read a few other books by Bradford and enjoyed them and this series looks like a lot of fun.

Do you have any series that you're hoping to start soon?

8 comments:

  1. I have an ARC of The Theft of Sunlight. It's listed as book two in the Dauntless Path series, but the first book was really more like a companion book with a different MC, so I'm counting this one as book one. 📚

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty much trying to concentrate on short stories and novellas at the moment to get a pile off my tbr and e-readers! I'm trying not to think about all the series I need to catch up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crime and Poetry is one I'm hoping to finally read this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this. Every year I pick one backlist series and resd one a month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really, I think because I have so many to finish. I finished listening to the Apple Turnover Murder and it had almost a cliffhanger ending! I think I will continue to listen to Hannah Swensen on audio; did she ever get on your nerves sometimes? She does for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great choices. I'm always making lists of series I either want to start or continue. Now I feel like making another list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so many good series to try. I know I enjoy the quilting series because I enjoy quilting and that hooks me. I am on track to be ready for the new one coming out mid year.

    ReplyDelete