Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Ten Books On My TBR That Are Set in Spring


The daffodils have come and gone and the tulips will start blooming soon here which means we have maybe a month before the humidity kicks in and the mosquitos come out which is as close as we get to Spring here in the South.  That makes me wonder just what books on my TBR I could read to keep that Spring feeling going and here are 10 I found.   


1.  Demise in Denim by Duffy Brown - I love books about clothes - especially vintage clothes - so this book about a consignment store owner has been on my TBR for awhile.

2.  A Whisker of Trouble by Sofie Ryan - I've loved the later books in the series and am going back and reading the earlier books.  

3.  Dyeing Wishes by Molly McRae - Another series that has been on my TBR for ages!

4.  Guilty as Cinnamon by Leslie Budewitz - Not only is this one set during the Spring but it involves spices which calls me because I've been loving getting back to baking and cooking lately.

5.  Left Fur Dead by J.M. Griffin - It's a cozy mystery involving a main character with pet bunnies.  How very Spring-y.


6.  Murder's No Votive Confidence by Cristin Breecher - This may be the best pun title I've ever seen and I loved the most recent book in the series!

7.  Criminally Cocoa by Amanda Flower - Another book that's been on my TBR for ages and another one that appeals to me with my enjoying cooking and baking lately.

8.  On the Lamb by Tina Kashian - This one is set around Easter and sounds just oh so Spring-y.

9.  The Chocolate Bunny Brouhaha by JoAnna Carl - The word brouhaha is just not used enough and throw a chocolate bunny into the mix and there's no way I could resist.

10. Murder Most Fowl by Edith Maxwell - Maxwell is an author I've been wanting to read for awhile and this series and the season this book is set in really appeals to me.

Do you have any spring books on your TBR?

7 comments:

  1. It's very interesting to realize how different the two hemispheres are. I always associate Easter Weekend with Autumn and for you guys it's Spring. I love spring and all the possibilities it bring. Hope you are enjoying your spring time!

    Ten places we'd love to live / die / travel in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katherine -- Enjoy the trip to Seattle, on the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love this time of year, when it gets nice but it's not super hot yet. Sofie Ryan's books always look fun, and I enjoyed Butter Off Dead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of a lot of these! I really thought Left Fur Dead was a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like the Amish Candy Shop books. I haven't gotten to CRIMINALLY COCOA yet, but I'll get there eventually! The last one I read—TOXIC TOFFEE—was set at Easter time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You remind me of the Sofie Ryan series, I started it and liked it, trouble is now I have so many I am liking. Picked up some at the Audible sale. I've just planted some tulips, I hope they grow for our Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of Demise in Denim, Katherine. And reading about a consignment shop sounds like fun! So many good sounding books on your list. Hope you get a chance to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete