Friday, March 19, 2021

Friday Five - Five Non Cozy Authors I Want to Read


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  This year I've been focusing on series which for me means primarily focusing on cozy mysteries.  Cozy mysteries are definitely my preferred read at the moment but it's not the only genre I read and in fact all of those genres have long lists of authors that I haven't read but am just dying to try.  Here are 5 non-cozy authors whose books I hope to pick up soon - and somehow 4 out of 5 have K names.  Not sure what that's about.


1.  Kate Quinn - I love historical fiction - especially set during World War II and every book by this author has sounded amazing.


2.  Kristy Woodson Harvey - This is another author whose books I've been meaning to try since the first one came out.  They all sound absolutely wonderful and summery.


3.  Kelley Armstrong - I first heard of Kelley Armstrong when I first started blogging (probably early 2013) and I meant to read her then but somehow never did.


4. Katherine Arden - I actually own a few books by this author and have meant to listen to The Bear and the Nightingale in December for at least the last few years.


5. Patti Callahan Henry - Her latest book has really cemented my desire to read her books and I am hoping to pick up some on audio soon.

What authors are on your must read list?

9 comments:

  1. Hi there Katherine! Kate Quinn I will definitely recommend strongly and the rest I don't know! But I know I also want to read The Bear and the Nightingale.

    Have a good weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read the Kelley Armstrong book. I LOVED The Bear and the Nightengale.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. KWH books are the perfect spring/summer reads. I've read all of hers and recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read that Kelley Armstrong series too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks, I loved one of the ones I listened to by Kate Quinn, and of course enjoy Kristy W Harvey. Like Patti Callahan Henry too, and The Bear and the Nightingale is one I haven't read but wouldn't mind doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list! I also want to read The Bear and the Nightingale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katherine Arden is fantastic. I love her Bear and the Nightingale trilogy but she also has some middle grade books that I think you might like. I have only read one book by Kate Quinn but I loved it and The Bookshop at Water's End was also a great read. I do love Kelley Armstrong's Rockton series. So many good books to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Armstrong in a while but I loved most of the Otherworld series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes... I loved The Bear and the Nightingale! ❤

    ReplyDelete