Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Favorite Audiobook Narrators


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is My Favorite Audiobook Narrators.  I love audiobooks and the narrator can make or break a book.  Here are some of my favorite narrators!


1.  David Tennant - I'm a big David Tennant fan in general but I will listen to anything the man reads.  It's normally a good sign when any actor is narrating an audiobook but Tennant is my favorite.

2.  Lorelei King - I love her narration of the Sunshine Vicram series

3.  Mary Jane Wells - She is probably my favorite narrator for historical romance

4.  Heather Wilds - I love the Verity Kent series by Anna Lee Huber and Wilds' narration made it even better.

5.  January LaVoy - I love Nora Roberts books and if LaVoy is narrating them I know I'm going to love them even more.


6.  Fiona Hardingham - This was one of my favorite books of 2021 and Hardingham's narration really added to my enjoyment.

7.  Saskia Maarleveld - She was the narrator of both The Alice Network and Last Bookshop in London which were two books I absolutely loved and her narration was fantastic!

8.  C.S.E. Cooney - She narrated the Witch City Mystery series by Carol J. Perry and made a thoroughly enjoyable series even more fun!

9.  Kate Reading - Reading has narrated so many of my favorite books and I always know I will an audiobook if she is reading it!

10. Luke Daniels - Daniels is so great with romantic suspense titles.  He doesn't get to over the top with his emotions but is never monotone.  I love all the Heather Graham books he has narrated.

Who are some of your favorite audiobook narrators?

9 comments:

  1. I like January LaVoy. She narrated a couple by Alexa Martin that I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Patti Callahan book but I didn't do audible. David Tennent would be a great reader, I love his voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the only narrators I haven't heard are Mary Jane Wells and CSE Cooney. I'm a HUGE fan of Luke Daniels, Fiona Hardingham, January LaVoy and Kate Reading, and more. I'm also partial to Davina Porter, Steve West, Simon Vance, Scott Brick and Julia Whelan to name only a few.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good narrator! I'll have to check some of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tennant would be sogood I would think. And I remember wanting to read that book on CS Lewis.

    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang reminds me of It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World which was on the other night. I love how zany it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Saskia too although I didn't put her on my list as so many good narrators. I like LaVoy and L King. Must keep an eye of some of these others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maarleveld is on my list today, too. I've actually only listened to one book narrated by her, but I liked her voice and she narrates several other books that I want to listen to. Tennant would be an excellent narrator. I've never heard of the others on your list. I'll have to take a closer look at them.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes.... wonderful list. I am a huge David Tennant fan too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. David Tennant narrates the How to Train Your Dragon series. I listened to part of the first book. I loved his narration, but the book... not so much. 😏

    Tim Curry has narrated quite a few classics I've listened to. He's really good. 🎧

    ReplyDelete