Sunday, April 9, 2023

This Week in Reading - April 9

 


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


The Second Chance Store by Lauren Bravo - This looks like a wonderful story of found family.  (Publisher)

The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies by Allison Goodman - This looks like an entertaining Regency mystery. (Publisher)

Dressed to Drill by Kate Carlisle - This is the latest book in the Fixer Upper series.  I always enjoy these mysteries.  (Publisher)

The Ghost Goes to the Dogs by Cleo Coyle - This series about a bookstore haunted by the ghost of a 1940s PI is always entertaining.  I really want to go back and read the first books in the series.  (Publisher

Currently:


Reading:  Who Cries for the Lost by C.S. Harris and Rolling Stone by Patricia Wentworth

Listening The Lady Has a Past by Amanda Quick

We are adjusting to our non-Leukemia treatment life and it is busy!   Will is making great progress with getting caught up subject-wise for the last two years.  He's been enjoying his Forensic lab classes with his homeschool group and we are making good progress with other subjects.  I'm looking forward to starting fresh next school year and am excited about the curriculum we've picked out.  

I've started beginning agility classes with Rover and wow it's incredibly fun but requires a lot of energy.  He's doing great with everything and I'm loving working with him.  Right now we are doing three different activities - Rally, Scent work, and Agility - and enjoying all of them.  I'm still loving working with other dogs in classes and am thinking about beginning to work on official dog training certifications.  

And that's about it!  How was your week?  

Have a great week and happy reading!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! Hope you have a wonderful holiday, and a great week ahead.

    I love the loook of The Second Hand Store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys must be busy with your new non-traetment life and I am so happy for you!! Rover sounds like a handfull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great you are having all the normal activities and plans. I love that you have the dog training for you. CS Harris is a real favorite of mine. I own them all on audio.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy week for you. The Second Chance Store looks really good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems busy! But how wonderful to be busy with life!!!

    I do like the title for The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered what what what. Sounds like fun.

    Have a great week Katherine and say hi to Rover and Comet!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Harris' Sebastian St. Cyr series! And I've got a copy of The Second Chance Store, too, just waiting for me to find time to read it. Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds great that things are moving ahead and you have found a work you are passionate about with the dogs. Great that Will is catching up, what a good decision it was to home school. I like the sound of The Second Chance Store, hope it lives up to the promise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies as well. I hope we both enjoy it. Rover sounds like he enjoys agility class!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you have changed the title of your post on Sunday to reflect your new post-leukemia-treatment life. It's exciting that Will is catching up and that you are thinking about moving forward with dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so wonderful Will is feeling freedom in his new no-chemo life. I'm looking forward to seeing the new curriculum you've chosen. 🤗

    Rally looks interesting! It's another dog sport that started after I wasn't showing anymore. 😊

    Who needs a gym membership when there's agility to do! 😁

    I hope you all have been having a great week. ☀

    ReplyDelete
  11. So delighted to hear that Will is now settling into leading a life without medical procedures:)). And I love the fact that you and Rover are so busy with schooling - I'm sure so many dogs would benefit from these kinds of activities. I hope this week is proving to be a good one, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete