Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - My Ten Favorite Movies


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is a non-bookish freebie so I'm picking my Ten Favorite Movies.  Most of the movies I've watched in the last few years have been classic.  Not only are these genuinely my favorite movies but most of these I watched with my grandfather who I miss dearly so that gives them extra points.  


1.  Casablanca - Every time I see this movie another aspect or scene catches my attention and reminds me just why I love it.  We were lucky enough to see it in the theater a couple of weeks ago and seeing it on the big screen was magical.  The scene where they defiantly sing the French anthem at Rick's gave me literal chills.  

2.  Apollo 13 - I've spent most of my life in a town where the primary business is space and I'm married to an Aerospace Engineer but even without that connection to space this is still a great movie.  I couldn't even begin to guess how many times I watched it and yet I still hold my breath while they wait for communication to kick back in.

3.  Mrs. Miniver - This movie takes place in England during the start of World War II and is another movie I could watch over and over.  I love the characters and there are so many wonderful or heartbreaking moments throughout the movie and I am still on the hunt for the Wedgwood Jasperware coffee pot that they use in an early scene.

4.  Rear Window - This is probably my favorite Grace Kelly movie.  It's so refreshing to see her as a character other than the icy socialite she tends to play.  And Jimmy Stewart's pretty great too.

5.  Princess Bride - I'm pretty sure this is on most people's top ten movie list and if it isn't it should be!  


6.  Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - All of the main characters are gorgeous and charming.  The script is perfection and the scenery is gorgeous.  This is another movie that never gets old.

7.  Inside Out  - So this is a bit different than the rest of the movies on this list but it' is one of my favorite Disney movies and I think it's a great movie for kids to help them deal with their emotions.  And it's just entertaining!

8.  Mr. Blanding Builds His Dream House - Cary Grant is hands down my favorite author and this comedy involving and advertising exec falling down the rabbit hole of ownership is fantastic and proves just how amazing Grant is an a comedy actor.

9.  His Girl Friday - Another Cary Grant movie and another comedy but couldn't be more different than the previous movie.  Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell are absolutely fantastic as fast talking newspapermen.  

10. Anne of Green Gables - the Kevin Sullivan 1980s version - and its sequel - There's a third movie in this series but I refuse to admit it exists but the first two are my absolute comfort watch and flat out wonderful.  The movies (especially the sequel) aren't very true to the series but the casting is such perfection that I can't help but love it.

What are some of your favorite movies?  Have you seen any of these?

9 comments:

  1. Excellent list. I do love classic movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all these classics. I've actually never seen Casablanca. Just never appealed to me. Princess Bride is such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess Bride is one of my favorites. There are a few on your list that I haven't seen so I'll add them to my watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea for this week's TTT! I love so many of these movies...especially Rear Window. And, of course, Princess Bride! I'd have to add While You Were Sleeping and Desk Set to the mix if I were doing a list of my favorite movies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Casablanca and, of course, Princess Bride. Like my reading, I love so many genres that picking faves is so darn hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have watched some Anne of Green but I think the Canadian TV show that I loved. After than I am not a movie buff!! Ones like Notting Hill entertain me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to admit that I don't really watch a lot of movies and we never watched classic movies in my house growing up. My dad was always watching westerns so I know those pretty well. The Princess Bride is a fantastic movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Cary Grant, but I actually haven't seen either of the movies you mentioned. My favorite of his are Charade and My Favorite Wife. Rear Window is a great one as well.

    Thanks for sharing your faves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rear Window, Mr. Blanding Builds His Dream House, and Anne of Green Gables are in my top faves, also. ❤

    ReplyDelete