Friday, April 28, 2023

Friday Fives - Five Things I Think About When I Think About Spring


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Spring has fully arrived here where I live with temperatures well into the 80s but the humidity is fairly low so it feels like spring here.  Here are 5 things that I think about when I think about spring.


1.  Flowers!  Especially daffodils and tulips.  They're my favorite.  I love when everything starts getting green again and start blooming.

2.  Allergies - Because of everything getting green again and starting to bloom it means my allergies to outside stuff makes my regular allergies much much worse.


3.  Stormy weather - Season change here means lots of storms and the occasional tornado.  So far this year has been pretty mild weather wise with just lots of rain so hopefully it'll stay that way.

4.  Easter candy - I have a weakness for caramel Cadbury eggs.  I like the other kinds but the caramel is by far my favorite.  And the Reeses eggs are pretty good too.  I get so excited when I see Easter candy starting to show up on store shelves.

5.  Sleepiness - Between allergies, allergy medicine, and the whole Daylight Savings spring forward nonsense where we lose an hour of sleep I am a zombie for the bulk of spring.  Daylight Savings really kills me.  I love when we gain an hour in fall but this losing an hour thing is not my favorite.

7 comments:

  1. I need to get some flowers planted between my house and the walkway soon.
    I've never had allergies but my daughter has them really bad.

    We have a long period of storms and hurricanes, which I'm not looking forward to. May through June is rainy and from June1 to November 31st is our hurrican season.

    I love Easter candy, especially Reese's Easter Eggs.

    Daylight Savings doesn't disturb my sleep because I've only been sleeping for 3-4 hours of sleep a night for over 30 years, but it is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the same Easter candy as you do. I have year round allergies and take Allegra so I haven't had many problems. When I'm out doing yardwork sometimes, so I wonder if I should wear a mask. Grass pollen is a bad one for me so I never mowed the lawn until I was an adult and taking allergy meds.

    Anne - Books of My Heart



    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started using Flonase. (spg?) First year, I felt stuffy. I love thunderstorms, but will pass on the tornados. We've been fortunate that we haven't been seriously affected by one. LOL, on the sleepiness. My husband and I still haven't recovered from the time change. My favorite Easter candy is butter cream eggs with dark chocolate. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The allergies are killing me. Plus we are getting stormy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was 90 degrees here today. Ugh. I'm not ready for summer weather!

    I'm a sucker for Easter candy, too. Cadbury eggs are the best and no one in my family really likes them but me. I always buy one for each person's Easter basket because I always end up with all of them :) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah great post, although I like warmth and low humidity. Stormy weather does go with season change so that is happening to us as we are in autumn and getting much the same, bad weather acoming. Dang because I was just enjoying the cold nights, now its going to be wet and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister has a weakness for caramel Cadbury eggs, too. 😁

    ReplyDelete