Sunday, April 30, 2023

This Week in Reading - April 30


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


A Fatal Groove by Olivia Blacke - I really enjoyed the first book in this cozy mystery series involving a family owned record store and can't wait to read the second book.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  The Secret Book of Flora Lea by Patti Callahan Henry and Born in Shame by Nora Roberts

Listening:  The Ghost and Mrs. Jeffries by Emily Brightwell

I'm still very slowly recovering from an upper respiratory infection which is driving me slightly crazy.  My energy level is still on the low side and I still sound like I could cough up a lung at any moment but I'm slowly feeling better.  I was able to get back to my dog classes this week which was lots of fun.  I did skip agility because that involves running and I just didn't quite feel up to it but this week I'm going to give it a try.

Tomorrow is the beginning of my birthday month which has kind of snuck up on me.  I normally celebrate the entire month but I haven't made any plans so far!  I need to figure out what to buy and things to do!

Have a great week and happy reading!

18 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a cozy set in a record store! And I hope you feel better soon!

    I like the idea of celebrating all month long! Great plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to snag an ARC of A Fatal Groove myself. I'm going to go that route instead of pre-ordering it. A free copy of a book I plan to buy? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cosy mystery series set in a record store sounds great. I hope you're feeling better, and you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uck I hope you are feeling better! It is always hard when the mom is down and out!

    The Secret Book of Flora Lea has a beautiful cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh... hope you can completely get rid of the respiratory symptoms this week. I can see why agility class was a no go. I'm sure you'll have fun planning for your birthday. Celebrating for the entire month is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope you can feel much better soon. May is my birthday month too. I did a whole bunch of yard work yesterday and I'm feeling it a bit today. It sucks to be out of shape, getting old or just plain tired. I hope walking with Lulu now and more yard work will help me get back to things. I have plans for lots of home projects for May.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the look of The Secret Book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get well soon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the the new Patti Callahan Henry book. Hope your progress with the respiratory infection clears more. Yes wise not to run around and make you cough more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you keep getting better. I have A Fatal Groove to read too. Like you, I loved the first book and can't wait to read this one. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better, even if it's a slow process. It always seems to take me weeks to fully regain and strength and stamina after any respiratory illness. Hope you're feeling well enough to enjoy your birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday month! Take it easy while you finish recovering. Respiratory infections are no joke. I hope that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of month-long celebrations around your birthday - what a cool idea:)). And yes... I'm not surprised that your infection has knocked the stuffing out of you - I've had bouts of bronchitus in the past and I was always fed up at just how long it took to recover. I hope you feel better soon and have a better week, Katherine:).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the idea of celebrating birthday month! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Those respitory illnesses are tough to shake. Glad you enjoyed The Secret Book of Flora Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! 🎉🎉🎉 I hope you feel 100% better by then. 🤗 I know I've mentioned before that we do birthday month, too. 🎈

    ReplyDelete