Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I'm Thankful For

 


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is a Thankful Freebie so I'm picking out 10 books I'm thankful for.


1.  The Four Story Mistake by Elizabeth Enright - This was one of my absolute favorite books as  I child and I read it countless times.  When I was an adult I was able to track down the rest of Enright's books which gave me extra hours of reading joy.

2.  Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie - This is the first Agatha Christie that I really fell in love with.

3.  Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber - I was on the verge of a reading slump this year when I picked this book up and it completely pulled me in and got me out of my slump.

4. Shattered Silk by Barbara Michaels - This is the first Barbara Michaels book I fell in love with and is still one of my favorites.  

5.  Cajun Kiss of Death by Ellen Byron - This is the last book in a cozy mystery series set in Louisiana.  We had spent a lot of time in this area and I was really missing it when I started this book and it made me feel a little bit like I was back there.  Plus, it properly wrapped up a long running series which made me happy.


6.  Be My Ghost by Carol J Perry - Finn in this book was the final straw in me deciding to get a golden retriever!  I'm not sure how grateful my husband is for this book though!

7.  The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin - This is another book that kept me out of a reading slump and one I still think about even though it's been over a year since I read it.

8.  Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White - This is a book I read with Will for school and it gave us a lot of different discussions as we both started out not liking the book and then began to enjoy it.  We were able to discuss the difference between reading for pleasure vs assignment as well as what we liked and didn't like.  

9.  Summer at Lake Haven by RaeAnne Thayne - This was the first book I read after Will was diagnosed with Leukemia and it was one of the first signs for me that we were going to be okay and have some normalcy in the midst of everything.

10. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - My husband and I talked about this book on our first date and it was one of the first things we realized we had in common.

What are some books that you are thankful for?

7 comments:

  1. Thankful for books... Yes!! We need to be that and especially now. I'm just overall in a slump lately (actually just dead tired) and so grateful for books to relax into.

    I am SO ADDING Be me Ghost to my TBR and hopping to Amazon right now. We need to start looking at a friend for Anna and NO NO NO NO - I don't want another terrier. I love her, but gosh Katherine... She's crazy busy! We are used to retrievers and I miss my Lea Labrador so much... But I'm also thinking of a Golden Retriever. A checkpoint Charlie. Check that Anna behaves!

    Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving Katherine.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are definitely something to be thankful for in my opinion. I'm glad these books made you thankful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for so many books that have come into my life at just the right time...I love your list and the reasons why you're so grateful for these books. Great TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! A few of these are on my wishlist. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful list! I love that you are thankful for books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see some books here I am thankful too, and chuckling over the comment about the golden retriever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read The Four-Story Mistake. 📚

    ReplyDelete