Friday, November 18, 2022

Friday Five - Five Books I Meant to Read This Year But Will Go On My 2023 List


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  I overplanned myself this year and as much as it pains me I'm having to admit that I will not finish all the books on my multiple lists.  I'm starting to think about my reading for 2023 and there are several books I'm looking forward to reading and will be moving over to 2023. 


1.  The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis - I read another book by this author earlier this year and loved it.  This one looks wonderful and I'm so looking forward to it.


2.   The Last Castle: The Epic Story of Love, Loss, and American Royalty in the Nation's Largest Home by Denise Kiernan - I'm fascinated by the Biltmore and the people who lived there so this book is on my TBR and I'm looking forward to it.


3.  Death in Bloodhound Red by Virginia Lanier - I had never heard of this series before but a family member was raving about it and I'm always looking for a new mystery series.


4.  Playing to the Gods: Sarah Bernhardt, Eleanora Duse, and the Rivalry that Changed Acting Forever by Peter Rader - This just sounds really interesting and while I know a bit about early Hollywood days I know very little about the period right before.


5.  This Old Homicide by Kate Carlisle  - I have really enjoyed the first book in the series and the most recent books so I'm looking forward to getting caught up with all the books in the middle.

What books did you plan to get to this year that didn't quite make the cut?

10 comments:

  1. Fiona Davis is such an accomplished writer of historical fiction. I recommend everything she has written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about next year's reading as well. NetGalley gave me a couple of ARCs and I will, hopefully, finish those before the end of December. Your suggestion to make one day a book post is appealing to me I will start that up soon - blogging break has been nice though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a post. I have quite a few that I won't get to this year too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have SO many books I'm not getting to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many books I planned on reading this year that I'm not going to get to...but that seems to happen to me every year. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lions of Fifth Avenue is on my wishlist. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look good. I'm especially interested in The Lions of Fifth Avenue as i've heard Fiona Davis is such a good author

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have done good with keep up with most of my books but there are a few that will have to be carried over to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping to finally get The Lions of Fifth Avenue read next year, too. It's on my July Summer in the City TBR. 🙂

    ReplyDelete