Saturday, November 19, 2022

Life with Leukemia, A Puppy, and Some Reading - November 20

 
It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


A Sinister Revenge by Deanna Raybourn - The last book in this series ended on a bit of a watershed moment for the characters and I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next.  And I always enjoy the mysteries in this series! (Publisher)

Knits, Knots, and Knives by Emmie Caldwell - This looks like a cute cozy and I haven't read any in this series yet.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading
Frozen Detective by Amanda Flower and Twice Upon a Time by L.M. Montgomery

Listening:  The Sanatorium by Sarah Pearse


We've had a busy few weeks!  Will has been feeling pretty good lately and we even got to revisit a former Christmas tradition which was to go to whatever Christmas play the local theater company was putting on.  Last weekend was A Christmas Story and it was so fun!  Will enjoyed it and was even comfortable enough to not wear a mask the whole time.  He's been self-conscious about the NG tube (the tube that runs into his nose) which has made him hesitant to go places so we were super proud of him.  

Also, he just finished week 110 of treatment which means only 10 more weeks!  We are starting to really talk about life after treatment and plan some fun trips.  We even put a deposit down on a Disney cruise for next fall!  It feels like tempting fate a little to be really planning on other things but all signs are good and it's not healthy for him to feel like he's constantly living with fear of it coming back.

Other then that, things have been pretty normal.  Will and I've been working through school work and I've been assisting with 4 different dog classes and Rover and I are taking 2.  We're both learning so much and I've really been enjoying working with dogs.   I'm gearing up to prepare for Thanksgiving and trying to get Christmas shopping done.    

Have a great week and happy reading!


25 comments:

  1. Raybourn's books look interesting to me I've been wanting to try her. I have Anna Lee Huber up soon and then I want to try Rayburn.

    I've been super curious about the Sanatorium.

    Yay for the cruise deposit! That's awesome for you to have something to look forward to after all this time. Have a wonderul weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Deanna Raybourn's series yet, but I've heard lots of great things about it.

    Here's to life after treatment. So close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear of the progress on the medical front. I haven't read Deanna Raybourn either, I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover of the Amanda Flower book. So happy to hear the Will is doing so well and that he's able to go do some fun things. I love cruises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad Will is doing okay. I hope the final 10 weeks go smoothly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so glad the end is in sight and you all deserve to celebrate!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I am so glad that you guys got out there and enjoyed one of your family traditions!

    A cruise is an awesome thing to look forward to! How fun!! I am sure it does feel different to take a step outside the way you have been living but you are absolutely right, it is good to take those steps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Love Veronica Speedwell! I have that one too and can't wait to read it! I am glad to hear that Will is doing so well and you all can get out and about. I think it's good to be thinking towards the future because life will go on after treatments and you shouldn't live in fear. Hope all goes well!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you guys are able to get out and enjoy your favorite traditions again. And hooray to 10 more weeks! Wishing you and your family a lovely Thanksgiving! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad Will is getting out and about and enjoyed the play. And I'm so glad to hear that the signs are good as he nears the end of treatment. May everything go really well over the next 10 weeks!

    Oh, and have fun with the new Deana Raybourn! I'm going to have to wait until it comes out, but given where the last book ended, I'm really looking forward to it.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy that Will is doing better. A Disney cruise sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy things are going so well for him and he's getting out and about. You all are braver than me. I still mask and won't plan anything like a cruise. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am trying my best not to take on any new books at the moment as I'm more than just slightly behind on my reviews for the year... Plan is to get up to date before year end!

    Good to hear you and Rover are having so much fun and that Will is doing well.

    Have a good week Katherine and happy reading!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Speedwell series is definitely entertaining though I haven't read the last couple. Hope you enjoy. Good news about Will and so exciting the end of treatment is near. Happy Thanksgiving Week
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-25

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think a Disney cruise is a great idea! Good for you for taking that step!

    https://hibernatorslibrary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great looking books and how exciting to book something to look forward to ❤️

    Have a good week ahead.

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/20/sunday-post-58/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy to read Will is doing good and that his treatments are coming to an end soon. I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts.
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always enjoy Amanda Flower's books. Frozen Detective looks really good. I'll have to check it out.

    I'm so happy to hear how well Will is doing. A Disney cruise sounds perfect.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting to have a cruise to look forward to! I follow other bloggers who have done those Disney cruises and they seem to be fun for both the kids and adults.

    Also glad that he was able to go out in public without a mask. I'm sure that was huge for him.

    Enjoy your holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a good week. Glad Will has been feeling good enough to go do some things. My dad and stepmom did a Disney Cruise just the two of them and loved it, so I'm sure it will be great for kids too! Have a nice week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  21. I cannot wait to read the upcoming Veronica Speedwell book! I did tell the author that I was worried about Stoker when I saw her at a signing. I am so happy that Will is doing well enough to get out and do some things. It is going to be big adjustment, a good one, once he is out of treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How wonderful for your family to have some return to normalcy! And for your son to feel comfortable going without his mask. A couple of my friends seem to go on a Disney cruise at least a couple of times a year. They don't even have children but they love Disney and they love the level of customer service Disney provides. This will be a well-earned vacation for you all!

    The Deanna Raybourn titles and covers always catch my eye but I just haven't remembered to actually read anything she's written yet.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad Will is feeling pretty good and is getting out for fun events.
    I hope you love the new Speedwell book. I'll read it at some point - such an enjoyable series.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you had a good week! I didn't know A Christmas Story was a play.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was so happy to see how well Will is doing in the FB group. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete