Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten of My Favorite Agatha Christie Quotes


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is about Book Quotes so I'm sharing a few of my favorite Agatha Christie quotes.


1.  When one thinks of things just before going to sleep, quite often ideas come.  - Nemesis

2.  Cleverness isn't everything.   A Murder is Announced

3.  There are things that cannot be hurried - le bon Dieu, Nature, and old people.  The Mystery of the Blue Train

4.  It really is very dangerous to believe people, I never have for years.  - Sleeping Murder

5.  People who can be very good can be very bad too.  - They Do It With Mirrors


6.  Courage is the resolution to face the unforeseen. - Death Comes as the End

7.  Dogs are wise.  They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.  - The Moving Finger

8.  The young people think the old people are fools - but the old people know the young people are fools.  - Murder at the Vicarage

9.  The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.  - Murder on the Orient Express

10. Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master.  The simplest explanation is always the most likely.  - The Mysterious Affair at Styles


5 comments:

  1. Great quotes! I especially like "People who can be very good can be very bad too. - They Do It With Mirrors"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the quotes, can't even pick a fave from them, all so good and full of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always making me want to read Christie!

    ReplyDelete