Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Was Excited to Get But Still Haven't Read


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Books I Was Excited to Get But Still Haven't Read.  A couple of years ago this list was much much bigger but I've really been working on getting some of the books from my shelves read and it's nice to really see some progress!


1.  The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman - I was so excited to get this book the year it came out which was more than a few years ago.  Still haven't read it!

2.  Agatha Christie's Secret Diaries by John Curran - I bought this new in hardback.  Agatha Christie is by far my favorite author.  I have no explanation.

3.  The Last Castle by Denise Kiernan - Of all the places I've visited the Biltmore is in my top 5 places to go back to and I would love to know more of the history.

4.  Love Without Borders by Angela Braniff - Braniff's channel This Gathered Nest is one of my favorite YouTube channels and I preordered this book but still haven't read it.

5.  Death in the Family by Tessa Wegert - I was absolutely thrilled when I got the ARC of this one by surprise but never got around to reading it.


6.  Night of a Thousand Stars by Deanna Raybourn  - I picked up this one the year it was published and not only is it by one of my favorite authors but it sounds amazing.

7.  Poppy Redfern and the Midnight Murders by Tessa Arlen - This is an author I really enjoy and this mystery sounds fantastic.

8.  The Bookshop of Yesterdays by Amy Meyerson - I picked this one up based almost solely on the cover and title and it looks fantastic.

9.  The Spies of Shilling Lane by Jennifer Ryan - I adored a previous book by this author and was so excited to pick this one up.

10. The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton - This is another previous author and this is one I picked up on Audible and still haven't listened to it.

What are some books you were excited to get but still haven't read?

9 comments:

  1. I liked The Clockmaker's Daughter as I do all of Kate Morton's books. Hey, I saw a deal today through BookBub for an Agatha Christie book. $1.99 for The Mirror Crack'd From Side to Side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I haven't read any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Invisible Library. And I've been wanting to try Raybourn as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list. I sure hope you get a chance to read these books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the only one I've read is The Invisible Library and I loved it. The series is complete now.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love The Invisible Library series and really want to read more of Deanna Raybourn's books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, great topic, I reckon many of us pick up books we want to read now but trouble is now is already taken by the current book! I have only come across two of them and think have read both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have The Invisible Library on my TBR, too! 📚

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of Night of a Thousand Stars. I would pick this one up to learn more just based on the cover.

    ReplyDelete