Sunday, May 29, 2022

LIfe with Leukemia, a Puppy and Some Reading - May 29





It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


I finally had the bookstore trip I've been wanting to do and here are books I ended up picking up!

House of Shadows by Nicola Cornick
The Wrong Mother by Sophie Hannah
How to Find Love in a Bookstore by Veronica Henry
The Thin Woman by Dorothy Cannell
Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson
Murder on Fifth Avenue by Victoria Thompson
Seeing Darkness by Heather Graham
Chocolate Cat Caper by JoAnna Carl
Postcards From a Stranger by Imogen Clark
Panic Button by Kylie Logan
Hot Button by Kylie Logan
Buttoned Up by Kylie Logan
The Curse of the Pharaohs by Elizabeth Peters
Peaches and Scream by Susan Furlong
Have His Carcase by Dorothy L Sayers
Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy L Sayers
The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club by Dorothy L Sayers
Busman's Honeymoon by Dorothy L Sayers 

Currently:


Reading:  The Proof is in the Poison by Diane Kelly and Staging is Murder by Grace Topping

Listening: Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters

The past few weeks have been kind of crazy.  Will spiked a fever last week and ended up having to spend a few days in the hospital.  This isn't that unusual for Leukemia kids because anytime they pick up any little bug or infection they frequently need IV antibiotics to make sure nothing worsens.  We had great nurses and he's feeling a lot better but it is exhausting!

Rover starts his next obedience class this week.  It's his third class but it's really the second class over again.  He gets the commands but he just needs a little more time to calm down.

I'm mostly just tired but am hoping to get a bit of reading done.  I'm also slowly catching up on comments.  

Have a great week and happy reading.

20 comments:

  1. That's a fine buy there Katherine. Yes you have had an up and down time. Just take it easy, rest up. I guess the class with Rover will be fun. Takes dedication too. I did read How to Find Love in a Bookstore, I think it was very English as far as I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an amazing bookstore trip with lots of reading adventure ahead! Wishing you a great upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really had a haul from the bookstore! Hope you enjoy the Imogen Clark book. Where the Story Starts is good as well. I keep meaning to grab some Dorothy Sayers.

    I hear you about catching up on comments. I have been a slacker lately. Hope Will is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be stressful to have an ill child - I hope Will is recovering well and stays that way. What a book haul you’ve had! I’m glad you were able to stack your shelves! Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound like some great mysteries. Glad you were able to do something fun for yourself last week - so important. Sorry Will had a bit of a setback but, hoping this week will be better.
    My daughter's Australian Shepherd has been going to weekly obedience classes and they think she is making some, but slow, progress. Millie joined their family at 6 months and is now 1 - year old. She is great with the family and very protective but, she drives me nuts if I stop over as she is all over me jumping and barking:) Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul!!!! Hope Will has a great week and that Rover's classes go great. :)

    Have a great week and happy reading,
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great haul. Puppy classes take time, don't lose hope.

    I hope you, your family and Will have a great week ahead.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you got some great books. I'm particularly fond of Sayers, Thompson and Peters. I hope you and your family get to enjoy this holiday weekend and relax a bit.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love going to bookstores- especially when you discover a new one, or find a good used bookstore. Peters is an author I've been wanting to try.

    Happy Memorial day, and I hope Will has a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear about Will. I'm glad he's feeling a lot better. I can't imagine how exhausting dealing with his leukemia is for both you and him. I admire your positivity through all of this.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a marvelous bookstore haul! I see several Dorothy Sayers and some other good authors as well. Enjoy!

    I'm so glad Will is doing better and is out of the hospital. I know how worrying that must be for you, and no fun at all for him, either. I agree with Jenni; I admire how strong and positive you have remained through all you are going through, and how well you support Will and stay sensitive to his needs. I hope you're getting the support and encouragement you need, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad Will is feeling better and that you finally got to the bookstore!

    I love book buying trips that end like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the wonderful book haul! I hope Will continues to feel well and stover clicks with the new class😊
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL “Rover”
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I guess you did get a bookstore trip!! Well done! Hope you all have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor Will, I'm glad he's feeling better now. Love your book haul!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo so glad you got your book trip!! Nice haul there!!

    And I am glad that Will is feeling better. Good nurses make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sorry to hear that Will was sick. I am sure that is exhausting even if it is not unexpected. Great haul this week! I love a good trip to the bookstore. I hope that you have a wonderful week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm happy Will didn't have to be in the hospital very long. 🤗

    Fabulous book haul! 😮

    Rover is a good boy. 🐾

    Have a wonderful, and less hectic, week! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry to hear the last couple of weeks have been rough. But you've got a great book haul. Have to give a shout out to Chocolate Cat Caper. Can't remember if you've read any from that series or not, but it's a fun one, and that was a great series opener.

    ReplyDelete