Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday - Bookish Characters


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Bookish Characters.  I love a bookish character and here are some of my favorites from recent reads.


1.  Jordan Bingham from The Hammett Hex by Victoria Abbott - Not only does Jordan work as a curator for her eccentric employer's book collection but she is also discovering Golden Age mystery authors and I really enjoyed her mentions of the different ones that each book focuses on.

2.  Jill Gardner from Wedding Bell Blues by Lynn Cahoon - Not only does Jill own a bookstore but she also spends all of her spare time (and quite a bit of her work time) which I very much enjoy.

3.  Nina Redmond from The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan - Nina has a gift for finding the right book for the right person - and a bookstore on wheels in Scotland.

4.  Nora Pennington from The Secret, Book and Scone Society by Ellery Adams - Nora also has a gift for finding the right book for the right person but with a lot more issues and some magical realism - and lots more murder.

5.  Carrie Singleton from Death on the Shelf by Allison Brook - Carrie is in charge of events at a library that just happens to be haunted.  She doesn't talk about reading all that much but most of the books take place in the library so I'll give her a pass.


6.  George Devonshire from Once Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan - George sees the world through books and his love of Narnia was the foundation for this wonderful novel.

7.  Lindsey from Killer Research by Jenn McKinlay - Not only is Lindsey a librarian but she loves to read so I how can I resist her.  

8.  Grace Bennett from The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin - Grace isn't particularly bookish at the beginning but her developing a love of reading is the focus of this story and it was wonderful.

9.  Ariadne Oliver from The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie - I adore Ariadne Oliver with her apples and her marked dislike of her fictional detective.  I can't help but wonder how much of her own personal opinions Agatha funneled into her.  

10. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - In reality I probably should have chosen Emily as she is the most bookish of Montgomery's characters but honestly I've never really cared for Emily so I choose Anne.  

Who are some of your favorite bookish characters?

7 comments:

  1. Colgan's The Bookshop on the Corner has been on my radar for so long. I should make it more of a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Shirley is a good one! I want to read The Last Bookshop in London someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you on some of these characters that I have really liked too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katherine! I haven't read any of these..!! Not even The Pale Horse and I can't even tell you why not. But I agree completely with you on Ariadne Oliver - I also love her to bits. In fact, I always picture her as Agatha Christie!

    Emily is also not my favorite Anne of Green Gables character....

    Have a good week Katherine!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Last Bookshop in London sounds wonderful. 📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these books yet but I do have Once Upon a Wardrobe on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved George Devonshire - that was indeed a wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete