Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Hope to Find Under the Tree

Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Ten Books I Hope to Find Under the Tree.  This is a topic that could go on forever.  I want all the books!  But just to make this a manageable list I'll stick to 10!  This is a list of truly random picks - none are new but they all appeal to me for whatever reason.


1.  The House at Riverton by Kate Morton - I love Kate Morton and this is one I haven't read.

2.  The Secret Rooms: A True Gothic Mystery by Catherine Bailey - I love a good Gothic mystery and I love secret rooms so the two together in a true story sounds amazing!

3.  Used and Rare: Travels in the Book World by Lawrence Goldstone - I love books about books and books about used and rare books are even better.

4.  A Skeleton in the Family by Leigh Perry - I kind of skipped this cozy series because the whole idea of an actual skeleton wandering around never quite set well with me.  But lately my horizons have been expanding and this series had fabulous reviews so I want to give it a try.

5.  The Quiche of Death by M.C. Beaton - I enjoy the Agatha Raisin series and I'd love to go back to the beginning and read through all her adventures and misadventures.


6.  The Orpheus Clock: The Search for My Family's Art Treasures Stolen by the Nazis by Simon Goldman - I'm fascinated by the stories of the art that was stolen being returned and the journey and investigation along the way.

7.  The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams - I really want to get back to Williams' books and this first book in the Schuyler Sisters stories seems like a good place to start.

8.  Paper Love: Searching for the Girl My Grandfather Left Behind by Sarah Wildman - I love digging into the past kind of mysteries and this story reminds me a little bit of a few stories my grandfather told.  I wonder what happened to them? 

9.  The Sound of Glass by Karen White - I wanted to read this as soon as it came out which I'm thinking was two years ago.  I haven't read it and I still don't own it!

10. Lowcountry Boil by Susan M Boyer - I've read every other book in this series and absolutely loved them but for some reason I've yet to actually read the first book!

What books do you hope to find under your tree?

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Wouldn't it be so cool to get Travels in the Book World? Keeping my fingers crossed that you get lots and lots of books to relax with over the holidays! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Santa brings you a few of these! I'll be treating myself in the New Year as a lot of good new books are coming out in January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own 7 & 9. I haven't read the Williams book, I think I went on and read others in the series which is a bit silly. I read Karen White's one when it came out in paperback - hardback too expensive! I hope at least one of the ten is under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can’t go wrong with Kate Morton, I very much enjoyed The House at Riverton & would send it to you if it weren’t on my kindle. That’s one advantage of having physical books, you can share!
    The Agatha Raisin series is good too!

    I’d love to have Peter Robinson’s latest book in the DCI Banks series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these sound good, Katherine! I hope at least a few showed up under your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you found one or two of these under your tree! I still need to give Kate Morton a try but I am pretty sure that I do have that book on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read 1 and 9. I love Kate Morton - you really can't go wrong with her, although her most recent book was not nearly as good as her others, IMHO. I generally like Karen White as well. I'll have to check out some of these other titles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't expect books this year but my husband likes to surprise me with something that isn't on my Christmas wishlist; this year it was a new Kindle! I complained time to time about how the battery would drain fast on my Kindle so he got me the latest Paperwhite.

    ReplyDelete