Thursday, December 19, 2019

Books from the Backlog - The Likeness

Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad #2) by Tana French

Blurb:  In the “compellingˮ (The Boston Globe) and “pitch perfectˮ (Entertainment Weekly) follow-up to Tana French’s runaway bestseller In the Woods, itʼs six months later and Cassie Maddox has transferred out of the Dublin Murder Squad with no plans to go back—until an urgent telephone call summons her to a grisly crime scene. The victim looks exactly like Cassie and carries ID identifying herself as Alexandra Madison, an alias Cassie once used as an undercover cop. Cassie must discover not only who killed this girl, but, more important, who was this girl?

Why It Needs to Come Off The Shelf: We've been watching The Dublin Murders on Starz which is basically book 1 and 2.  I had some issues with book 1 but on the whole I enjoyed it and this one has been highly recommended so I need to finally pick this one up!

6 comments:

  1. I've had issues recently with sequels not living up to the first book so I certainly hope you can avoid that and that you'll enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good motivator and the book looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tana French's books! I've read all of them and am always waiting anxiously for the next one to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard great things about Tana French and I think I have some of her books. I don't think I have read any of them though. This is a series that I do want to read. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read Tana french for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this, but I love a good thriller. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete