Saturday, December 7, 2019

This Week - December 5

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Nothing!  We've been spending all our time traveling which has made it a little difficult to acquire new books.  I'm not complaining but it is weird to have no new books to add to the shelf.  

Currently:


Reading:  Brewed Awakening by Cleo Coyle - with all the travel I haven't had much reading time so I'm trying to really focus on one book at a time.

Listening:  The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines.  I've always been pretty neutral about them but I must say I'm really enjoying this one.  

Watching:  I haven't been much watching all that much other then The Voice and the occasional Hallmark movie.  We did binge watch the first 4 episodes of The Dublin Murders on Starz and really enjoyed them.  So far it's the first 2 books of Tana French's series and I'm really curious to see where it goes in the next episodes.  

Off the Blog:

We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving.  For the first time in years we didn't host which was weird but a bit of a relief.  I don't want it to be like this every year but an occasional break was very welcome.  This week was a bit on the slow side which was a good thing as most of my time was spent getting ready to head back to New Orleans.  It was nice to be home but I'm looking forward to going back!  And I'm not sad that it'll be in the 70s most of the time we will be there!

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Lady Takes the Case - Historical Mystery Review
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - My Favorite Wintery Covers
Wednesday: TBD
Thursday:  Books from the Backlog
Friday:  Friday Fives
Saturday:  TBD

Have a great week and happy reading!

13 comments:

  1. 70's sounds pretty good! Safe travels and enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you'll soon be a New Orleans expert. An empty in shelf is a good thing I think at this time of the year. And not hosting Thanksgiving is good too and will give you renewed enthusiasm for it. A rest and break is always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather here is high winds and cold lashing rain at the moment, another of our winter storms. It makes me glad that I don't have to go out! I got my DVD and BluRay copies of Game of Thrones season 8 so I'm itching to watch all the extras!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so lucky! I would love to go to New Orleans I bet it's really cool! I read the first in that coffeehouse series but never got around to more and I don't know why, so hope you are enjoying it.

    Have a great day and happy reading,
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quiet Thanksgivings are nice. I think I’d rather have that than chaos. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your New Orleans photos on Instagram. How lucky that you get to go back so soon!

    It's not a bad thing to have a week or two free from incoming books -- it gives you a chance to catch up a little, especially since your travels didn't leave you much time to read.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy you are having this free time with relaxed holidays and interesting travels. Everyone needs a break and a change of pace. Enjoy!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the Dublin Murders is good. I want to watch it, but I'm afraid - Hollywood always messes up my favorite books when they make tv shows/movies out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you have had a lovely Thanksgiving. And no wonder you're looking forward to temperatures in the 70s - so would I! Have a lovely week, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with all your traveling! And I'm glad to read your Thanksgiving was good ;)
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Dublin Murders sounds good. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your continued time in New Orleans

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is that cozy the coffe house series? That's a new kind of cover.

    ReplyDelete