Saturday, December 28, 2019

This Week in Reading - December 29

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Careless Whiskers by Miranda James - This may just be my favorite cozy pun title yet and this is a series I've really been enjoying lately so I'm super excited to pick this one up.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  Ammie, Come Home by Barbara Michaels becasue sometimes I just need a reread.

Listening:  Trading Christmas by Debbie Macomber

Watching:  Finishing up The Dublin Murders on Starz.  I have thoughts on them - some good some bad - but overall I feel like it was well done.

Off the Blog:

This week we are in Tennessee for the Tornado's birthday because for some reason he thinks he can turn 10.  It seems impossible to believe that that is the actual age he can be turning.  Next week we are heading back to New Orleans for a little while and after that I'm not sure.  I hate the not knowing part of things but there's not much that I can do about it so I'm trying to relax and go with the flow despite being not at all a go with the flow kind of person. 

We had a lovely Christmas though there was some difficult moments.  It was the first Christmas without my grandfather and he was very very dearly missed.  It's a bit odd what kind of randomly hits you on these kinds of events but we made it through.  I hope everyone else had a lovely Christmas!

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday  My Least Favorite Books I Read in 2019
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday - My Favorite Books I Read in 2019
Wednesday:  First Book of 2020
Thursday:  Books I Meant to Read in 2019
Friday:  Friday Fives - Five Books I Want to Read in January
Saturday: My Favorite Audios of 2019

Have a great week and happy reading!

16 comments:

  1. Careless Whiskers- haha love that. Now I have that WHAM song in my head. :)

    Hope you have a supr New Year's in spite of the traveling uncertainties. Take care this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten, I remember being ten!! It feels like such an important age. I've picked a reread for my 1st book of 2020, but read it so long ago I have pretty much forgotten what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'd want to be travelling around the festive period! It tends to be chaos in the UK! Have a good New Year and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I didn't think the Tornado could be that old either! Hope you have fun in Tennessee! And I hope you can go with the flow as much as you need to. I agree that that is hard to do, but sometimes we just have to.

    I hope you have a good week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to try that cozy series, maybe once I catch up on some more series...lol.

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. The years certainly do fly past! I'm sorry your Christmas was bittersweet, Katherine, I hope with time the loss of your grandfather will be less painful. My Mum loves Debbie Macomber's novels so I'm sure part of the Amazon voucher my girls gave her will be spent that way! ;-)
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. Here's my Sunday Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep telling my kids to stop growing. I will have two teenagers next year and I don't think I am ready for that lol
    I am glad you had a nice Christmas. The first year without my Nanny was hard, it gets easier but you never stop missing them. Sending you lots of Hugs!

    I hope this week is awesome for you Katherine! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you settle in and enjoy the upcoming holiday. Happy tenth birthday to Tornado.

    I like Miranda James' cozy mysteries.

    Here are my Weekly Updates

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today is my youngest son’s birthday, he is 14 which just seems impossible! Happy birthday to your son.

    Wishing you a great reading week and a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Things change too fast! I hope you will enjoy each day for what it holds. I also hate not knowing so I hope you know soon. Happy New Year!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  11. Important days are when you really feel the absence of those that you love. I am glad that you did have a nice holiday. It is crazy how quickly kids seem to grow up. Sometimes, it seems like you should be able to hit pause to enjoy things for a while. I hope you have a great week celebrate your son's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the birthday was fun in TN! I can relate to the holidays and family. Both my parents and both sets of grandparents are deceased, and my son lives in another state. Add to that the death of 1 really close friend, and the last uncle in the family a few months ago, and I can totally relate. Certain things pop up unexpectedly that make it rough to cope with. It does get better with time, but we always miss those closest to us. I'm sending lots of hugs your way for all that you're going through right now. RO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ten is the best age! My daughter just turned 11 and I'm sad. Ten was a great age for her - I tried to convince her to just stay that age forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you managed to make it through a difficult Christmas, Katherine. How wise to try and relax and go with the flow! Yes... my grandson turned 10 a couple of months ago and I found it a real shock - where has the time gone??

    ReplyDelete