Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Books On My TBR


This isn't the most Christmas-y years I've ever had and my go-to Hallmark movies aren't exactly readily available with all the traveling we've got going on so I'm reaching for my second go-to - Christmas books.  Here are some random Christmas themed books on my TBR.


1.  The Nightingale Before Christmas by Donna Andrews - I love this series and I love bird puns and this year's Christmas mystery was fabulous so I need to pick this one up too!

2.  An Island Christmas by Nancy Thayer - I have a sneaking suspicion that I need to read a bunch of books in the series before I get to this one (I could be wrong) but I love a beachy Christmas story.

3.  All I Want for Christmas by Nora Roberts - I love Nora Roberts but her early books haven't aged all that well.  However, I figure it's worth the risk and luckily if it isn't good it will at least be short and hopefully Christmas-y.

4.  Angel's Rest by Emily March - I'm not entirely sure if this is Christmas-y but most of this series feels Christmas-y even if it isn't actually taking place during December.

5.  Away in a Manger by Rhys Bowen - I really like Bowen but somehow I've never read any book in this series.  This one sounds like a good mystery.


6.  Christmas in Snowflake Canyon by RaeAnne Thayne - I love Thayne's most recent series but have had mixed results with her earlier books.  This one, however, looks gloriously Christmas-y.

7.  Snow Way Out by Christine Husom - I'm not sure how Christmas-y this one is but it's about a snow globe shop so it's got to be a little Christmas-y.

8.  Home for Christmas by Lily Everett - I completely forgot about this contemporary romance series until I saw this title.  I read the first one and enjoyed it and then read the last couple and really enjoyed them so I really need to pick this one up!

9.  The Santa Claus Man: The Rise and Fall of a Jazz Age Con Man and the Invention of Christmas in New York by Alex Palmer - I'm not sure how Christmas-y this one will be but it sounds fascinating.

10. Christmas Bells by Jennifer Chiaverini - Historical fiction and Christmas go so well together and I haven't read this author despite wanting to for quite some time. 

What Christmas books are on your TBR?

10.

5 comments:

  1. I like the covers of the two books you posted photos. Haven’t read any of those authors yet except Nora Roberts ages ago.
    I love the Instagram photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about these Christmasy covers that I like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a list but it got deleted. I finished one Christmas-themed one recently though, an anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list of Christmas books and I haven't read any of them. Pity Nora's books haven't aged well but as you say a Christmas one is worth a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought CHRISTMAS BELLS last week, but I haven't had a chance to dive into it yet. I haven't read any of the titles on your list. They do sound "gloriously Christmas-y," though. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete