Friday, December 13, 2019

Friday Fives - Favorite Disney Movies

I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  Michelle over at Because Reading is Better Than Real Life   used to do a Five on Fridays that I always enjoyed and I've seen a few other variations on the theme.  As well I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd give start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Ever since Disney Plus started that's what has been on TV here pretty much all the time which got me thinking of my favorite Disney movies.  Here are my top 5:


1.  Peter Pan - This was apparently the very first movie I ever saw in a theater.  I'm not sure how much I enjoyed it at the time but it is one of my absolute favorite movies.  And the ride at Disney World is one of my absolute favorite rides so it all works out.

2.  Sleeping Beauty - I love this movie - especially the part where the fairy godmothers are trying to stop Maleficent from hurting Prince Phillip so they keep turning the things she's trying to throw at him into bubbles and flowers.  And of course the part where they're arguing about what color the dress should be is just magic.

3.  The Rescuers - Mice, Albatross airlines, Evinrude - what's not to love?

4.  Inside Out - I really didn't expect to enjoy this one but I really loved it and we've watched it a time or two or four since the first time.  Plus, it's a great way to talk about feelings with children without getting too touchy feeling.

5. Coco - This was a tough one because there's a ton I love but I really did enjoy this one and I loved how it was funny and sad and talked about loss without getting too obviously preachy. 

What is your favorite Disney movie?

6 comments:

  1. I never did see The Rescuers but always thought it looked fun! I have a soft spot for the Robin Hood movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I'm positive I've seen all of is Coco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourites are The Jungle Book, The Muppet Christmas Carol, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2 and Monsters Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 101 Dalmatians for sure! It brings me great memories of my son waking me and asking if we could watch together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Coco! I saw it in the movie with my two daughters and my older one and I bawled through the whole thing. I made my husband go see it and he did, too :) It's such a tender movie, but a fun one, too, and it teaches some great lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a very long time since I've seen The Rescuers. I like all the princess Disney movies. Mulan has special meaning for me since I'm of Chinese descent. Coco was a good one and has a surprising storyline. Mary Poppins is a classic I want to watch again. I also liked the new Jungle Book as it was intense.

    ReplyDelete